Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Banking & Tax help needed - Please!

Banking & Tax help needed - Please!

Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Banking & Tax help needed - Please!

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
Kids who have ITINs and not SSNs will not qualify for the tax rebate and if you are on L1s then you won't be seeing the 300 per child I'm afraid. If that makes a difference...

I am not disputing what you said but me and kids on H4 have ITIN's and our accountant has told us we will get the rebate and we have also had a brief letter from IRS addressed to both hubby and me stating we are eligible.

Just wondered where you got you info from - I dont want to be too disappointed
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:36 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ny nj member
Jumping Doris ... If KPMG neglected to file W-7s to obtain ITINS for your kids. I can almost guarantee that you have missed out on some tax deductions/credits. It may be beneficial to seek advice from somebody else. Most places will your meet and review your tax situation for free to better gauge the complexity of your return and come up a reasonable price.
We have a different accountant now who is much more on the ball. She sorted out the ITIN issue when she did our taxes for 2006. We had a huge refund and I assumed it was because we had paid too much tax etc , thanks to KPMG.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kel.n.issy
I am not disputing what you said but me and kids on H4 have ITIN's and our accountant has told us we will get the rebate and we have also had a brief letter from IRS addressed to both hubby and me stating we are eligible.

Just wondered where you got you info from - I dont want to be too disappointed
From http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...179211,00.html

Can you use an ITIN instead of an SSN? Taxpayers with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead of an SSN are not eligible to receive a stimulus payment. Both people listed on a "married filing jointly" return must have valid SSNs to qualify for the payment — if only one has a valid SSN, neither can receive the payment.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
From http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...179211,00.html

Can you use an ITIN instead of an SSN? Taxpayers with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead of an SSN are not eligible to receive a stimulus payment. Both people listed on a "married filing jointly" return must have valid SSNs to qualify for the payment — if only one has a valid SSN, neither can receive the payment.
WOW - Thanks. I dont know why it surprises me tho - I thought it was too good to be true.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry!