Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Banking Jobs in Massachusetts

Banking Jobs in Massachusetts

Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Mark Ridley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banking Jobs in Massachusetts

Hi all. Early next year I'm most likely to relocate to Western Massachusetts with my American wife. I currently work for a large 'foreign' bank in London and wondered if anyone had contacts within the regional banks in Springfield, Pittsfield or even Albany, NY?

It might be possible to work in, say, Boston or NYC, a couple of days per week (with an overnight stay) if the rest of the time was spent working from home.

I have some contacts who have 'contacts' but if anyone out there is looking for a "relationship manager" in the world of banking I'd love to know about it.

Best regards for now
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking Jobs in Massachusetts

It's a 2-2.5hr commute from that area into Boston...and the way banking is here, not really a work at home environment.

What exactly does a relationship manager do? I can ask the missus if she knows anyone, but names seem to be pretty different from bank to bank, around here at least.

The retail side of banking is pretty easy, everywhere. Regional management, they tend to hire from within or promote and then everything else, well that's less regional so could make things tougher.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:20 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

I have a mate in London who is a relationship manager at a bank. Basically, he helps people with oodles of money make oodles more.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Mark Ridley is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mate. I think I'm making some headway. Will repost if I need more guidance.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I have a mate in London who is a relationship manager at a bank. Basically, he helps people with oodles of money make oodles more.
A personal banker?

Dime a dozen in Boston and not really home work based, though I'm sure if you've got a client list you could poach, anything might happen.

If that's the sort of thing that the OP is looking for, I've a cousin that started out doing that, not sure what she's doing now as she's moved to some outfit in the Pru, but she started out as a personal banker for the poor end of the scale with a $2M+ minimum bank balance range of clients.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:00 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
A personal banker?

Dime a dozen in Boston and not really home work based, though I'm sure if you've got a client list you could poach, anything might happen.

If that's the sort of thing that the OP is looking for, I've a cousin that started out doing that, not sure what she's doing now as she's moved to some outfit in the Pru, but she started out as a personal banker for the poor end of the scale with a $2M+ minimum bank balance range of clients.
Pah, peasants!

Old Jul 16th 2012, 6:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bink
Pah, peasants!

Tell me about it

But it got a bit crazy when in the $10M+ range...whole new world there really ain't it