Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Banking advice

Banking advice

Old Sep 20th 2018, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Seahorse1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banking advice

Nothing less than what I expected from a forum. Thank you for the genuine replies and sorry I had to deal with the unhelpful trolls
Old Sep 20th 2018, 7:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me, but are you saying I insulted you? Why? No one here has done that. Frankly, I don't understand the issue of waiting for the rate of exchange to be better what it currently is? If it is at least 1 to 1, then you have lost nothing in the moving of funds from the UK to the US. If you are waiting only because you want to make a large capital gain on the increase of the exchange rate, then do the math. Will your money in a bank earning on 1.6 percent make enough to warrant leaving it there if it could be invested elsewhere with the potential of earning 5 to 20% annually in investing? I say the very same thing to my dimwit husband who prefers to not bring his money into the US from Canada where he loses money on the dollar unlike a Brit who still making money on the exchange. He thinks nothing of using his Canadian debt and credit cards in the US and paying them out of his Canadian account. By the time his purchases are adjusted to the Canadian equivalent and he pays it, he has almost pay 1/2 more for the cost of the goods then their US value. Yes, hubby, I am insulting you for not thinking clearly.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Oh my...thanks for the legit replies...now please delete my account . thanks
Old Sep 20th 2018, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 21st 2018, 1:25 am
Just Joined

I think some one needs a divorce attorney rather than giving financial advice
Old Sep 21st 2018, 1:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seahorse1234
I think some one needs a divorce attorney rather than giving financial advice
No one has insulted you...people have been trying to help you. With that I m closing this thread.