Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Banking advice

Banking advice

Old May 27th 2012, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking advice

Originally Posted by Keith S
We were in the same position. So we opened an account with Citibank in Australia then another in the US with the same bank when we got here. Citibank claim to be a full international facility. Now we can transfer Aus$ at a fair exchange rate with little or no bank charges.
Little or no bank charges? Really, with Citi? They'll get you at some point, they did so with us!!
Old May 27th 2012, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

I'm sure they would if they get the opportunity. We have to leave a certain balance so that we have the benefits of "Citigold" status, then it's fee-free. Works at the moment.
Old May 28th 2012, 5:25 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auntieginzy
Hi, we are very near to emigrating now and I wondered if someone could help with money advice. We both have a US bank account as well as our UK accounts. We are both retired. At the moment our pensions are paid into our british accounts. I have three different pensions that are paid that way.
I'm interested to know what your pension providers have said about you becoming US residents. There was a recent thread where someone with a Greencard was asked to move his UK pension as his provider didn't want to deal with US citizens or residents because of FATCA. Your providers might be different, but you should definitely check with them before you emigrate. Also what arrangements have you made for you UK state pension?