British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Bank offshore (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/bank-offshore-433655/)

ramNagab Mar 10th 2007 11:10 am

Bank offshore

Hi All

May be I'll get a job abroad . I want to know what is the best offshore bank . I hear about HSBC and alliance-leicester . I just want to hear from your experience about the best offshore bank

By th way how much should I transfer ? I am going to transfere about $20,000 abroad . Is this a red Flag for IRS ?

Thanks

Big D Mar 10th 2007 8:15 pm

Re: Bank offshore

Originally Posted by ramNagab (Post 4504437)
Hi All

May be I'll get a job abroad . I want to know what is the best offshore bank . I hear about HSBC and alliance-leicester . I just want to hear from your experience about the best offshore bank

By th way how much should I transfer ? I am going to transfere about $20,000 abroad . Is this a red Flag for IRS ?

Thanks

What is your rationale for banking offshore? And what do you want to do with the $$$ - that will dictate the amount. Which country is the $$ coming from - cos the IRS probably won't care, money laundering flags will go off first

Jerseygirl Mar 10th 2007 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by ramNagab (Post 4504437)
Hi All

Thanks

It really is a good idea to talk about how you're intending to cheat the IRS on a public forum. :rolleyes: Good luck.

Bob Mar 10th 2007 11:11 pm

Depends on what your citizenship is and all that, if your an LPR or USC, you'll have to declare worldwide income/assets...sure you could try and scam the IRS, but they tend to get people in the end, look at Capone :D

And transfer in and out of the US over $10K get flagged by the bank automatically.

ramNagab Mar 10th 2007 11:14 pm

Thanks Bob for your answer

just for your information . I sent a message for IRS today asking them about the situation and I am waiting for reply .

gruffbrown Mar 10th 2007 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by ramNagab (Post 4505753)
Thanks Bob for your answer

just for your information . I sent a message for IRS today asking them about the situation and I am waiting for reply .

Change it into dimes and put it in your luggage.

Jerseygirl Mar 10th 2007 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 4505760)
Change it into dimes and put it in your luggage.

Good idea Gruff...it'd only make holes in his pockets.

ramNagab Mar 11th 2007 12:42 pm

it seems there are many funny dudes here . lol

Jerseygirl Mar 11th 2007 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ramNagab (Post 4506874)
it seems there are many funny dudes here . lol

Aye we like a laugh...keeps us sane. Glad to see you didn't take in personally. ;)

AdobePinon Mar 11th 2007 3:47 pm

LloydsTSB keep trying to sell me on offshore accounts. As long as I keep my UK account for free, and have accounts in the US for free, it's not gonna happen. They want way too much money for an offshore account, not to mention that trying to use a non-US debit card over here is a real PITA in stores, and expensive at the ATM.