Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bank of America and MBNA UK Credit Card

Bank of America and MBNA UK Credit Card

Old Apr 9th 2011, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all
Default Bank of America and MBNA UK Credit Card

I have a UK MBNA Credit Card with very good history on it. Obviously Bank of America own MBNA so is it possible to switch the UK Credit Card to a B of A one?

ANyone had any joy doing this? I have read that a few people have done this with AMEX
Old Apr 9th 2011, 4:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank of America and MBNA UK Credit Card

No. It's a separate business entity. Even before the buy out.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

mykiddiewinks is an unknown quantity at this point

We had MBNA before we moved here almost 9 years ago and Bank of America did take that credit history into account and issued us their cards, that was 9years ago though so I dont know if it has changed in that time - good luck.

Hardest thing we found here was building up credit history, you cant get anything with out history but no one will issue you anything to start building it up.

Start with a reputable bank and keep in good credit after a few months they should be willing to issue you with one of their credit cards, it will only have a small limit at first but it will be a start.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:53 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to do this when we moved here 3 years ago. Totally different entity, no way they could do it apparantly.