Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bank Account Abroad

Bank Account Abroad

Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Paul Bradford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank Account Abroad

Im from the UK and current live in the US, Im part way through getting my paperwork finalised (change of status) but what i wanted to know is, is it possible for me to open a bank account in the US?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:38 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank Account Abroad

Originally Posted by Paul Bradford
Im from the UK and current live in the US, Im part way through getting my paperwork finalised (change of status) but what i wanted to know is, is it possible for me to open a bank account in the US?
yes.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
yes.
Well that was an easy answer...

Is there anything I need to know, anything I need to take with me when I open the account?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:44 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

anything I need to take with me when I open the account?
money
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:46 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

money
You forgot patience (plenty of it), and a tolerance for the unbridled stupidity of petty bureaucrats and functionaries.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:48 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by dbj1000
You forgot patience (plenty of it), and a tolerance for the unbridled stupidity of petty bureaucrats and functionaries.

ok ok ok
so for me being flippant

take proof of address
drivers license,
proof of residency
spare kidney
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

ok ok ok
so for me being flippant

take proof of address
drivers license,
proof of residency
spare kidney
Aaaah see theres the snag. I dont have proof of residence yet. Im only part way through getting my paperwork done so that I can change my status to perminant resident. As it is right now Im just an immigrant, Im married to a US citizen and I have a daught with her, BUT its because of money that I have had to go about the paperwork the long way and do it in stages. Im about to file my I-485.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:58 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaah see theres the snag. I dont have proof of residence yet. Im only part way through getting my paperwork done so that I can change my status to perminant resident. As it is right now Im just an immigrant, Im married to a US citizen and I have a daught with her, BUT its because of money that I have had to go about the paperwork the long way and do it in stages. Im about to file my I-485.
Take your passport you plonker.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:59 am
@matthewb76

you sound like a Visa waiver marriage!

good lad!

take your marriage certificate (or a copy)
and open an account at your wifes bank.

that's what I did.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

you sound like a Visa waiver marriage!

good lad!

take your marriage certificate (or a copy)
and open an account at your wifes bank.

that's what I did.
AAAAAAAh Im part of a club, theres a few of us aye?

Yes thats what I did...... So Ill sort that out tomorrow thanks guys you've been awesome