Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banana Republic = USA

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hey m8y now that sounds like houston
Never been there either lol
Old May 14th 2007, 7:32 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

When I was 8 years old ( I know y'all's eyes are rolling into the back of your head, and some of you have already started to snore AND may even have fallen off your chairs, but humo(u) me), I wrote a letter to the Editor of the Manchester Union Leader-William Loeb by name who was a legend in his own time in response to a letter a 12 year old had written criticizing, well ranting, anyway about the current administration (Kennedy) and so on. I wasn't a Democrat and I don't think my parents were, but anyway this girl was way off the rails. So I felt compelled to try and defend JFK. I get a letter back from William Loeb, who said that they had done a check on this girl because it was unusual and apparently she had some real issues going on in her personal life-parental illness/death, divorce, a real mess, so she chose to strike out/back this way. He appreciated my rebuttal letter but he wasn't going to print it because it wouldn't help things any.

Fast forward many many years-while I am angry with the continual arrogant slanging, the insults to my country and its population, the complete lack of regard to the role of gentleman as in an officer and a gentleman, I realize that obviously this stems from some deeper in this poster's life. People aren't usually prats from birth unless they have a serious wind problem.

Pax Vobiscum.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:37 am
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
When I was 8 years old ( I know y'all's eyes are rolling into the back of your head, and some of you have already started to snore AND may even have fallen off your chairs, but humo(u) me), I wrote a letter to the Editor of the Manchester Union Leader-William Loeb by name who was a legend in his own time in response to a letter a 12 year old had written criticizing, well ranting, anyway about the current administration (Kennedy) and so on. I wasn't a Democrat and I don't think my parents were, but anyway this girl was way off the rails. So I felt compelled to try and defend JFK. I get a letter back from William Loeb, who said that they had done a check on this girl because it was unusual and apparently she had some real issues going on in her personal life-parental illness/death, divorce, a real mess, so she chose to strike out/back this way. He appreciated my rebuttal letter but he wasn't going to print it because it wouldn't help things any.

Fast forward many many years-while I am angry with the continual arrogant slanging, the insults to my country and its population, the complete lack of regard to the role of gentleman as in an officer and a gentleman, I realize that obviously this stems from some deeper in this poster's life. People aren't usually prats from birth unless they have a serious wind problem.

Pax Vobiscum.
So what you're saying is....he's got issues?
Old May 14th 2007, 7:39 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old William
So what you're saying is....he's got issues?
Bless you heart you managed to stay awake- I dare say that the current posting pattern would indicate such.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Pax Vobiscum.
Agree...he prob wont be happy anywhere, he has his own personal demons to contend with first
Old May 14th 2007, 7:51 am
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Bless you heart you managed to stay awake- I dare say that the current posting pattern would indicate such.
Well if I told you I had a lil' 40 winks about half way through you won't be offended will you?
Old May 14th 2007, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Pax Vobiscum.
After I got over being perturbed - I did think - I'm somewhat sorry for the guy. He fell in love, I'm sure came over here with high hopes - and lost the girl, and the life he'd hoped for. So I'm sure he is legitimately upset. Just not picking a good way to express it.
Old May 14th 2007, 8:20 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Old William
Well if I told you I had a lil' 40 winks about half way through you won't be offended will you?
Such is my lot in life
Old May 14th 2007, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tracym
After I got over being perturbed - I did think - I'm somewhat sorry for the guy. He fell in love, I'm sure came over here with high hopes - and lost the girl, and the life he'd hoped for. So I'm sure he is legitimately upset. Just not picking a good way to express it.
Being upset does not give him a right to slag off a whole country and its citizens does it ? he thrives on his comments
Old May 14th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

hammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tracym

On the contrary, I am happy as a sandboy to be back in London, and I am single and free, and more importantly....HOME
Old May 14th 2007, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hammersmith_cockney
On the contrary, I am happy as a sandboy to be back in London, and I am single and free, and more importantly....HOME
Well that's good. Perhpas you won't be so angry with America and us yanks then.

I'll look forward to some happy posts from you then I hope.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:52 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Nothing but an attention seeker who has obviously received more than his/her fair share the past few weeks
Old May 14th 2007, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hammersmith_cockney
AND still posting here.........damn aint ya got anything else to do exciting like ?
Old May 14th 2007, 10:56 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be devastated at having to move back to London.

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of paying 500 grand for a 1 bedroom flat.
Old May 14th 2007, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I'd be devastated at having to move back to London.

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of paying 500 grand for a 1 bedroom flat.
Each to there own, I went to Manchester last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.