Baked Beans

Old May 26th 2005, 1:55 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baked Beans

Me old Gran used to tell us as kids..
Beans, Beans, good for the Heart
The more you eat, the more you Fart
The more you fart, the better you feel
So eat beans for every meal......

So Heinz or Busch????
Old May 26th 2005, 2:31 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Just had Heinz Beans on toast for Breakfast. Life is good..Much prefer them over Busch beans, what do you think?
(Besides the fact I obviously have too much time on my hands)!
you should have started a poll

sorry but Busch beans are sooo much better all those varieties.....much better than boring beans on toast....yuck!
Old May 26th 2005, 2:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel

sorry but Busch beans are sooo much better all those varieties.....much better than boring beans on toast....yuck!
Busch beans...hmmm...pork 'n beans *lol*
The other one, B&N ain't bad, and made up on the way to portland...
Old May 26th 2005, 3:35 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
you should have started a poll

Ew! How can you say that! They're like the beans with a lump of pig fat in the top of the can aren't they? Added pig fat for added flavour?

You've been in USA far too long now Angel! What would your Aunty Myfanwy think? Get back to Merthyr Tydfil and 50 lashes with a wet Daffodil and being forced to watch Pobol Y Cwm whilst singing "Bread of Heaven" over and over until you love Heinz beans again!
Old May 26th 2005, 3:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahUK
Ew! How can you say that! They're like the beans with a lump of pig fat in the top of the can aren't they? Added pig fat for added flavour?
most beans do have a lump of pig in them, traditional over here...though can get veg beans without the pig meat/fat...which makes the maple version worse I think...just to wet...
Old May 26th 2005, 3:56 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

You've been in USA far too long now Angel! What would your Aunty Myfanwy think? Get back to Merthyr Tydfil and 50 lashes with a wet Daffodil and being forced to watch Pobol Y Cwm whilst singing "Bread of Heaven" over and over until you love Heinz beans again!
PMSL!!!!!!! seriously! i think I'm going to have to go to Walla's Laundry thread

<whispers under her breath>what do you mean pig fat..it's a nice piece of bacon, the one with onions is my favorite!

ARGH!!!! <celtic runs while Sarah approches her with a wet daffodil!>
Old May 26th 2005, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold

Not found any Heinz beans here in Hawaii yet the bases don't have them and not much chance in the local stores either. I like them best on toast with a fried egg on top .....
Old May 26th 2005, 9:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Just had Heinz Beans on toast for Breakfast. Life is good..Much prefer them over Busch beans, what do you think?
(Besides the fact I obviously have too much time on my hands)!
We only ever eat Heinz. They rule.
Old May 27th 2005, 2:52 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I like the Bush's baked beans, so there
Old May 27th 2005, 2:53 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nxylas
Well, I like the Bush's baked beans, so there.
Bush Beans always sound rude to me..
Old May 27th 2005, 4:13 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandpete
ugh!!! I just can't bring myself to buy maple syrup it's awful but I did buy my son some pancake syrup which is just as bad. When my daughter had a sleepover here I made the girls sausage and waffles for breakfast. I couldn't believe it when they poured the pancake syrup all over their waffles AND sausages. My daughter being a true Brit ate her sausages with HP sauce and put butter on her waffles .

True maple syrup is delicious. Nothing quite like it on pancakes.
Old May 27th 2005, 6:13 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Aww cmon there's no recipe known to man that can't be made more palatable to the American palate by the addition of copious amounts of butter and sugar!

Old May 27th 2005, 11:00 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Aww cmon there's no recipe known to man that can't be made more palatable to the American palate by the addition of copious amounts of butter and sugar!

Baked beans in New England are a tradition. Personally i can't stand 'em but my mom used to make them from scratch (yes with a slice of salt pork on top). We had 'em every Saturday night. Best served with Boston brown bread so they say.
Old May 27th 2005, 3:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
decent maple syrup doesn't have added sugar though...so it must be the healthy excuse *lol*
Old May 27th 2005, 3:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Baked beans in New England are a tradition. Personally i can't stand 'em but my mom used to make them from scratch (yes with a slice of salt pork on top). We had 'em every Saturday night. Best served with Boston brown bread so they say.
served with hotdogs would be the tradition it seems in maine *lol*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.