Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Baggage help please

Baggage help please

Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Baggage help please

hi guys can anyone help please
im traveling to washington dc on 6th april and im thinking of taking my golf clubs
does anyone know how much the charges will be i will only be taking them out to dc not bringing them home.

im flying manchester-heathrow on bmi and then united to dulles
been on united website but its not very clear thanks in advance
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baggage help please

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hi guys can anyone help please
im traveling to washington dc on 6th april and im thinking of taking my golf clubs
does anyone know how much the charges will be i will only be taking them out to dc not bringing them home.

im flying manchester-heathrow on bmi and then united to dulles
been on united website but its not very clear thanks in advance
According to this:http://www.united.com/page/middlepag...kTitle=baggage

United charge $25 for the first checked bag and $35 for the second.

Then according to this: http://www.united.com/page/article/0...3,00.html#golf

They allow you to replace one checked bag with a golf bag and clubs.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

United's policy is one standard sized golf bag with clubs and shoes replaces one other item of checked baggage - see here.

If you are flying in a class that only allows one free item of checked luggage, then each extra item of checked luggage (ie, the golf bag) will cost you $50 - see here

That's what the website says, anyway
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lisa67
According to this:http://www.united.com/page/middlepag...kTitle=baggage

United charge $25 for the first checked bag and $35 for the second.
That price is on internal US/Canada flights, not international from LHR to IAD, from what I can see.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rallybug
That price is on internal US/Canada flights, not international from LHR to IAD, from what I can see.
Sorry, misread the OPs post. Thought he was traveling domestic to Dulles... duh!!!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

so how much from london then .i hope it isnt the £130 thats ridiculous.

im traveling on airmiles so i think i have only one checked bag allowed

dont want to take them to airport and bee charged an extortinate amount
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

$50, according to the website, as posted above, but give United customer services a call on 0845 8444 777 (option 5) to verify, if you like.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

so how much from london then .i hope it isnt the £130 thats ridiculous.

im traveling on airmiles so i think i have only one checked bag allowed

dont want to take them to airport and bee charged an extortinate amount
You should read this recent story.. no matter what they tell you, there is still no guarantee of what will happen when you are at the desk checking in.

Lufthansa passenger frustrated by sky-high fee

As Day, his wife, stepdaughter and stepson checked their bags for the Sept. 6 flight from London's Heathrow Airport to Frankfurt, a Lufthansa airline clerk said Day and his stepson's two golf bags took them beyond the German airline's new one-piece-of-luggage-per-traveler rule.

The fee? $250.

Each.
-----------------------

The fee had always been $50.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ive found out its going to cost me £31 thats from manchester-dulles via heathrow its classed as a 2nd bag right im off to pack my clubs yeaaaaaaaa
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you have been given correct information, on the same flight I was quoted a small fee to bring two thin metal plates for the top of a Land Rover front wings, they were light and were around 33" by 9" tapering to 3" about one inch thick with packing, in Manchester I was told they were an odd size and the charge was around 75 pounds, they are still in the UK
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

i got that info off the united airlines website for second baggage but im going to phone bmi who i fly with manchester-heathrow and see what they have to say also i will phone united and try to get them to snd me an email with the price so i can print out and show at checkin i hope im right
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

update
i phoned united airlines in the uk andwhat a waste of time, the call went to a call center somewhere in india and they couldnt understand me and i couldnt understand them exactly the same with bmi so im taking the clubs to the airport and my dads coming in so if its over £31 the clubs are going back home
Old Mar 31st 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

update
i phoned united airlines in the uk andwhat a waste of time, the call went to a call center somewhere in india and they couldnt understand me and i couldnt understand them exactly the same with bmi so im taking the clubs to the airport and my dads coming in so if its over £31 the clubs are going back home
Try to google "flyertalk" and ask there. A wealth of knowledge
Bruce
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

my us girlfriend phoned united and they confimed it will be $50 or £31 its a 2nd bag so ill take them with me

thanks for the input guys much appreciated
Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Do not let your dad go till you see them going down the baggage conveyor just in case BMI are not on the same page

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.