Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bad dreams about upcoming AOS interview..

Bad dreams about upcoming AOS interview..

Old Mar 20th 2002, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

ambyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad dreams about upcoming AOS interview..

...last night dreamt that (among other things) we showed up at the interview and I had forgotten the big folder with EVERYTHING we need in it. Had to go back home and get it and when we came back we got a really strict woman who was being nasty to us, then I woke up.

I hope this isn't something that will recur! Our interview is on April 9th... tips on how to stay sane till then please?

Amber
Old Mar 20th 2002, 3:05 pm
Mjones

Default Re: Bad dreams about upcoming AOS interview..

Thats nothing. Last night I had a dream about a gigantic octopus that had invaded and
taken over a cruise ship we were on. It had killed and eaten nearly everyone on
board, with only my wife and I surviving. After we spent the night in a small room
high up in the ship where we figured we would be safe, the octopus found us and began
breaking down the door. We fled for our lives, back down to the lower levels, where
we discovered the octopus had tossed overboard all the furniture and decorations, and
replaced them with large colorful seashells and sections of coral. It was just about
then I thought "We are in deep shit", and woke up.

"ambyuk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > ..last night dreamt that (among other things) we showed up at the interview and I
    > had forgotten the big folder with EVERYTHING we need in
    > it. Had to go back home and get it and when we came back we got a really strict
    > woman who was being nasty to us, then I woke up.
    >
    > I hope this isn't something that will recur! Our interview is on April 9th... tips
    > on how to stay sane till then please?
    >
    > Amber
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 20th 2002, 3:05 pm
Shelley

Sounds like the way I felt before my husband's AOS interview. I got so bad that not
only did I have the folder full of everything I could think of ready, but a box more
of just stuff that we left in the car (but it was handy just in case) Have you tried
reading other's interview experiences? http://www.kamya.com/interview/ That might
help - if you see others have survived the experience. It is hard when someone you
don't know has your future in your hands, but as long as you know you have everything
you need and have done all the things you are supposed to do, it will turn out all
right. I wish I could say something that would really make you feel good, but I know
the only thing will be walking out of the INS office after your successful interview.
That's when I took a big sigh of relief. Take Care. Shelley

> ..last night dreamt that (among other things) we showed up at the interview and I
    > it. Had to go back home and get it and when we came back we got a really strict
    >
    > I hope this isn't something that will recur! Our interview is on April 9th... tips
    >
    > Amber
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Mar 20th 2002, 4:05 pm
Grinch

MJONES <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Thats nothing. Last night I had a dream about a gigantic octopus that had
    > invaded and
taken
    > over a cruise ship we were on. It had killed and eaten nearly everyone on board,
    > with only my wife and I surviving. After we spent the night in a small room high up
    > in the ship where we figured we would be safe, the octopus found us and began
    > breaking down the door. We fled for our lives, back down to the lower levels, where
    > we discovered the octopus had tossed overboard all the furniture and decorations,
    > and replaced them with large colorful seashells and sections of coral. It was just
    > about then I thought "We are in deep shit", and woke up.

That's scary I had a dream I was trapped in a room with Andrew DeFaria I think I'd
prefer the Octopus.

Grinch

Old Mar 20th 2002, 6:04 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

Yes, try re-reading everyone elses experiences... its helped that I've had some friends go thru the interview very recently at the same office we'll be doing it and one of the couples didn't even have as much "proof" as we have... so I'm not so worried any more that I might not have as much as others....
I'm hoping we'll have just enough.

Hang in there and try to stop worrying- you made it this far, didn't you?

and at least the interviewer wasn't an octopus ;-)
Old Mar 20th 2002, 7:35 pm
Ranjini

I think everyone feels like this just before the Consulate interview and AOS.
Because, as Shelley pointed out, your future is in the hands of some unknown
quantity. Provided you are a legitimate couple and have all your documents in order,
you are going to be just fine!! Believe me. You are going to come back like the rest
of us and say what a breeze it really was. As for tips on how to stay sane? That's a
tough one. I don't think anyone has figured that one out yet. Best wishes to you and
your spouse. Let us know how it goes. Ranjini

>
    >
    > Amber
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Mar 20th 2002, 7:35 pm
Ranjini

Grinch, you are hilarious!!!! I think I know exactly what you mean about Andrew DeF.
He is undoubtedly every forumers worst nightmare!! Sorry Andrew, if you are reading
this, but you can be such a bonehead. Ranjini

"Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > MJONES <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Thats nothing. Last night I had a dream about a gigantic octopus that had
    > > invaded and
    > taken
    > > over a cruise ship we were on. It had killed and eaten nearly everyone
on
    > > board, with only my wife and I surviving. After we spent the night in a small
    > > room high up in the ship where we figured we would be safe, the octopus found us
    > > and began breaking down the door. We fled for our
lives,
    > > back down to the lower levels, where we discovered the octopus had
tossed
    > > overboard all the furniture and decorations, and replaced them with
large
    > > colorful seashells and sections of coral. It was just about then I thought "We
    > > are in deep shit", and woke up.
    >
    > That's scary I had a dream I was trapped in a room with Andrew DeFaria I think I'd
    > prefer the Octopus.
    >
    > Grinch

Old Mar 20th 2002, 8:05 pm
Albino Shaq

Last night I dreamed I ate a giant bowl of tapioca pudding. I awoke with a spoon
in my nose.

I also dreamed I drank a giant margarita...I awoke to find salt on the toilet seat.

That should cheer you up.

Jim

--

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:S_5m8.85468$q2.9405@sccrnsc01...
    > I think everyone feels like this just before the Consulate interview and AOS.
    > Because, as Shelley pointed out, your future is in the hands of some unknown
    > quantity. Provided you are a legitimate couple and have all your documents in
    > order, you are going to be just fine!! Believe me. You are going to come back like
    > the rest of us and say what a breeze it really
was.
    > As for tips on how to stay sane? That's a tough one. I don't think
anyone
    > has figured that one out yet. Best wishes to you and your spouse. Let us know how
    > it goes. Ranjini
    >
    > "ambyuk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ..last night dreamt that (among other things) we showed up at the interview and I
    > > had forgotten the big folder with EVERYTHING we need in
    > > it. Had to go back home and get it and when we came back we got a really strict
    > > woman who was being nasty to us, then I woke up.
    > >
    > > I hope this isn't something that will recur! Our interview is on April 9th...
    > > tips on how to stay sane till then please?
    > >
    > > Amber
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 21st 2002, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

ambyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I have printed the interview experiences from kamya, will read them bit by bit. I think I will still be stressed though - I have an ulcer in my mouth which I only ever get when there is underlying stress.

Amber
Old Mar 21st 2002, 10:29 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that when the time comes that i have to go to the interview i will be a complete wreck too. I was so nervous when i did the K1 interview and medical in london that my blood sugars kept dropping and i wanted to faint constantly, i managed to get through it somehow though...

Good luck I am sure that you will do better than i did