British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Back From The UK! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/back-uk-405515/)

Scouse Express Nov 1st 2006 3:20 pm

Back From The UK!

Greetings All,

Arrived back safe and sound last night after a flight from Manchester - Chicago via American Airlines.

Plastic knives and forks are now the norm on board, but, be careful.....the plastic fork which I used to hold my pizza still whilst I cut it, melted. I explained my dilemma to waiter at the O'Hare Bar & Grill at Chicago and he replied;

"You should see people's faces when they order a $25+ steak and have to eat it using plastic!"

Otherwise, the trip was excellent. Met up with family and friends and had a great time.

Jim.

Ozzidoc Nov 1st 2006 3:55 pm

Re: Back From The UK!

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Greetings All,

Arrived back safe and sound last night after a flight from Manchester - Chicago via American Airlines.

Plastic knives and forks are now the norm on board, but, be careful.....the plastic fork which I used to hold my pizza still whilst I cut it, melted. I explained my dilemma to waiter at the O'Hare Bar & Grill at Chicago and he replied;

"You should see people's faces when they order a $25+ steak and have to eat it using plastic!"

Otherwise, the trip was excellent. Met up with family and friends and had a great time.

Jim.

Are you feeling unsettle Jim? Or pleased to be back in the US?

Partystar Nov 1st 2006 3:57 pm

Welcome back Jim! Glad you had an excellent trip! :)

nethead Nov 1st 2006 4:06 pm

Welcome back, glad you had a good trip.

Patrick Hasler Nov 1st 2006 9:30 pm

Glad to have you back Jim ........... missed ya ;)

BigDavyG Nov 2nd 2006 12:00 am

Welcome back mate - hope it went well

Circus-of-Power Nov 2nd 2006 1:17 am

Greetings All,

Is that flight 54 or 55 I can never remember which ....is the AA cabin crew still the motley crew of old dears that seemed to be on duty every time I flew with AA...Have a pint in The Dispensary or Doctor Duncans for me :beer:

Ozzidoc Nov 2nd 2006 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
....is the AA cabin crew still the motley crew of old dears that seemed to be on duty every time I flew with AA...:

That was exactly what I was wondering? :D

Patrick Hasler Nov 2nd 2006 7:25 am

Is that flight 54 or 55 I can never remember which ....is the AA cabin crew still the motley crew of old dears that seemed to be on duty every time I flew with AA...Have a pint in The Dispensary or Doctor Duncans for me :beer:

:D :D
During late 99 and early 2000 I crossed the pond several times both ways, allways on a virgin plane, ususaly 'Dancing Queen or 'Tinkerbell' and got to recognise a few of the flight crew. In May 2000 I had 2 days of interviews in NYC and stayed a few nights at the 'New Yorker' hotel on 8th and 34th. One evening I wandered into the lift and heard "Mr Hasler ... what are you doing here ?"
The lift was full of VIrgin crew who recognised me :)

Scouse Express Nov 2nd 2006 9:59 am

It's 55 coming over to the States and 54 going the other way. Yes, you still find grandmothers serving you - although on my four AA flights......the younger element is beginning to breakthrough.

Eureka, Illinois eh???? I get to visit the College once or twice per year bringing visiting sports teams down there.

Jim.

Scouse Express Nov 2nd 2006 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
During late 99 and early 2000 I crossed the pond several times both ways, allways on a virgin plane, ususaly 'Dancing Queen or 'Tinkerbell' and got to recognise a few of the flight crew. In May 2000 I had 2 days of interviews in NYC and stayed a few nights at the 'New Yorker' hotel on 8th and 34th. One evening I wandered into the lift and heard "Mr Hasler ... what are you doing here ?"

Now that's what I call......."VIRGIN ON THE RIDICULOUS!"

Jim.

Circus-of-Power Nov 3rd 2006 1:07 am

Eureka, Illinois eh???? I get to visit the College once or twice per year bringing visiting sports teams down there.

Jim.

Give me a shout next time .....I'lll buy you a beer in the Outpost .....its the only real bar in town but ...its beer ...

Ozzidoc Nov 3rd 2006 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

Did you feel like you were famous?