Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Back From The UK!

Wikiposts

Back From The UK!

Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Back From The UK!

Greetings All,

Arrived back safe and sound last night after a flight from Manchester - Chicago via American Airlines.

Plastic knives and forks are now the norm on board, but, be careful.....the plastic fork which I used to hold my pizza still whilst I cut it, melted. I explained my dilemma to waiter at the O'Hare Bar & Grill at Chicago and he replied;

"You should see people's faces when they order a $25+ steak and have to eat it using plastic!"

Otherwise, the trip was excellent. Met up with family and friends and had a great time.

Jim.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back From The UK!

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Greetings All,

Arrived back safe and sound last night after a flight from Manchester - Chicago via American Airlines.

Plastic knives and forks are now the norm on board, but, be careful.....the plastic fork which I used to hold my pizza still whilst I cut it, melted. I explained my dilemma to waiter at the O'Hare Bar & Grill at Chicago and he replied;

"You should see people's faces when they order a $25+ steak and have to eat it using plastic!"

Otherwise, the trip was excellent. Met up with family and friends and had a great time.

Jim.
Are you feeling unsettle Jim? Or pleased to be back in the US?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:57 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Jim! Glad you had an excellent trip!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back, glad you had a good trip.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to have you back Jim ........... missed ya
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:00 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back mate - hope it went well
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:17 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings All,

Is that flight 54 or 55 I can never remember which ....is the AA cabin crew still the motley crew of old dears that seemed to be on duty every time I flew with AA...Have a pint in The Dispensary or Doctor Duncans for me

Last edited by Circus-of-Power; Nov 1st 2006 at 1:19 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
....is the AA cabin crew still the motley crew of old dears that seemed to be on duty every time I flew with AA...:

That was exactly what I was wondering?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Is that flight 54 or 55 I can never remember which ....is the AA cabin crew still the motley crew of old dears that seemed to be on duty every time I flew with AA...Have a pint in The Dispensary or Doctor Duncans for me

During late 99 and early 2000 I crossed the pond several times both ways, allways on a virgin plane, ususaly 'Dancing Queen or 'Tinkerbell' and got to recognise a few of the flight crew. In May 2000 I had 2 days of interviews in NYC and stayed a few nights at the 'New Yorker' hotel on 8th and 34th. One evening I wandered into the lift and heard "Mr Hasler ... what are you doing here ?"
The lift was full of VIrgin crew who recognised me
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

It's 55 coming over to the States and 54 going the other way. Yes, you still find grandmothers serving you - although on my four AA flights......the younger element is beginning to breakthrough.

Eureka, Illinois eh???? I get to visit the College once or twice per year bringing visiting sports teams down there.

Jim.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

During late 99 and early 2000 I crossed the pond several times both ways, allways on a virgin plane, ususaly 'Dancing Queen or 'Tinkerbell' and got to recognise a few of the flight crew. In May 2000 I had 2 days of interviews in NYC and stayed a few nights at the 'New Yorker' hotel on 8th and 34th. One evening I wandered into the lift and heard "Mr Hasler ... what are you doing here ?"
Now that's what I call......."VIRGIN ON THE RIDICULOUS!"

Jim.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:07 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Eureka, Illinois eh???? I get to visit the College once or twice per year bringing visiting sports teams down there.

Jim.
Give me a shout next time .....I'lll buy you a beer in the Outpost .....its the only real bar in town but ...its beer ...
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

Did you feel like you were famous?