Baby Names

Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Names

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
very popular over here...I find that many boys names have been pinched by the girls...like choosing a decent boys name isn't hard enough!!
That is true... I can think of lots of nice names for girls but I think we only came up with 2 for a boy... Matthew or Arron (which I actually prefer to be spelt Aran).

It is also funny listening to kids say names... Emily has been called Emlea (like the cream) and as I a kid I would often get ash-er-lee or a-shirley and it was/is often mis spelt.

Ash
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:19 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
My dad choice of name for me was Victoria (he has always liked it) and my mum really liked the name Verity... I have no idea why! I didn't get either because it would have made my intials VD

So I got Ashley instead... I was the only kid in infant, junior and comprehensive school to be called Ashley. Even though it was supposed to be unisex you only really ever heard of boys being called it... then about 7 or 8 years ago it came into fashion in the UK and it seemed like every other kid was being called it I would hear mothers in the supermarket yelling ASHLEY!!! and stand there thinking oh shit what did I do... it is also extremely popular in the US.

Another name I like for a girl is Ebony... it was a no no for hubby tho

Ash
No offence, but from your name, I thought you were a boy!!! Sorry, I've heard of Ashley as a girls name, but it was always spelt Ashleigh. Once again, I'm sorry.

Also, isn't Verity the daughters name in the Borrowers? I love The Borrowers, not the American film, but the English TV series with Ian Holm.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:11 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
No offence, but from your name, I thought you were a boy!!! Sorry, I've heard of Ashley as a girls name, but it was always spelt Ashleigh. Once again, I'm sorry.

Also, isn't Verity the daughters name in the Borrowers? I love The Borrowers, not the American film, but the English TV series with Ian Holm.
I met Rebecca Callard years ago .. she had some assets..
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

That is true... I can think of lots of nice names for girls but I think we only came up with 2 for a boy... Matthew or Arron (which I actually prefer to be spelt Aran).

It is also funny listening to kids say names... Emily has been called Emlea (like the cream) and as I a kid I would often get ash-er-lee or a-shirley and it was/is often mis spelt.

Ash
My eldest son's name is Mitchell(Mitch)Arran,the youngest is Donnie (Donald Joseph,after dad!)we were convinced he was going to be a girl,so never even thought of a boy's name!...don't think he would've liked being called Briana!..I went to school with a boy called Mitch and always liked his name...it was different,but not too different.......then,when I lived in Germany,the elderly German guy who used to check our ID cards as we went into the NAFFI,asked me how I came up with that name for my son,so I told him,and he told me it was the name of the first American plane to bomb Germany during WW2!,the Mitchell....don't know about my son dropping bombs...he's more like a whirlwind!!......Sophia
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:51 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I met Rebecca Callard years ago .. she had some assets..
It's a shame she hasn't done more really, also just noticed her name in The Borrowers was Arietty. Close, but no cigar for me then!!!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:19 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Ash
Just a shame that they pronounce it erin over here for some bizarre reason
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bit old fashion, my daughter's name is Catherine en my son is Charles.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar

no offense taken... it is a common mistake mostly in England.

As for the Verity thing... I am not sure about the movie all I know is I HATE the name and so pleased I was not called it

Ash
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Just a shame that they pronounce it erin over here for some bizarre reason
I know... I work with a guy called Arron and I always assumed it was Erin because of the way people said it then one day I noticed his name tag and noticed that I was saying it wrong too.

Ash
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:43 pm
Back where I belong!

I had a boyfriend in Texas called Dale, I always thought it was Del, as that's what it sounded like everyone was saying. So I didn't know any different, until I saw his driving license!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
A friend of mine is called Elizabeth, but she just likes plane old Beth. Most already know my names Victoria, so it's Vic or Victoria for me "not Vicky", only over here have I ever heard the name Tory.
Oh yes Victoria is such a lovely name has an air of grace about it...beats my name Susan any day, ...I like middle names, can help save confusion if two names the same going through school yrs etc....my son is called Nicholas James...James after his grandfather, when he was little and in trouble we called him by his full title...