Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BA Sale Now On

BA Sale Now On

Old Aug 30th 2013, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default BA Sale Now On

Hey,
I just wanted to flag that BA have their winter flight sale now on. If I wasn't due my baby in a week I'd be booking a visit home...
Old Aug 30th 2013, 11:30 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA Sale Now On

That'll about bring them into line with the American carriers prices then...
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light

Dammit I've already booked mine
Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gillymonkey
Hey,
I just wanted to flag that BA have their winter flight sale now on. If I wasn't due my baby in a week I'd be booking a visit home...
The fares are nuts. Just checked a flight around Christmas (okay, I know that pushes the price up) from LA to Heathrow. Over $3000, cattle class!!! Thats $1380ish in fees and extortions. Ridiculous.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leah326
Dammit I've already booked mine

Me too

I booked three return trips earlier this week....two were with BS...
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:50 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Not a very good sale is it. I just this afternoon booked Dh on a flight back to UK from SFO to MAN $1200 and some change.
Dd and I are on Virgin a week earlier and it's about the same price.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markwm
The fares are nuts. Just checked a flight around Christmas (okay, I know that pushes the price up) from LA to Heathrow. Over $3000, cattle class!!! Thats $1380ish in fees and extortions. Ridiculous.
What?!! And I need to do LAX-LHR this Christmas.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dek
What?!! And I need to do LAX-LHR this Christmas.
Just had a look and $1250 on the 21st with Virgin isn't too bad.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Melly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to behold

Christmas 2009 my family of 3 flew from Seattle to LHR on BA for a mere $1,500 & some change. What BA now adds on for "surchargers" is criminal. They advertise ticket prices as low as $300, but when you add all the other charges that ticket is $1000+. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melly
Christmas 2009 my family of 3 flew from Seattle to LHR on BA for a mere $1,500 & some change. What BA now adds on for "surchargers" is criminal. They advertise ticket prices as low as $300, but when you add all the other charges that ticket is $1000+. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Most of those extra charges will be government taxes and airport charges, so not really BA or any other airlines fault to be fair.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 9:07 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melly
Just had a look at their homepage and the sale fares headlined include taxes and fees. Where did you see them advertise sale fares that didn't have taxes and fees included?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Melly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonrob
Just had a look at their homepage and the sale fares headlined include taxes and fees. Where did you see them advertise sale fares that didn't have taxes and fees included?
I wasn't necessarily referring to their sales fares, but fares in general. I just took a look at their site (haven't looked in ages) and did see a disclaimer about "fees" being included in their prices. It hasn't always been that way when booking from the US. In fact, the disclaimer would read "fees" were not included. I emailed their customer service dept. years ago noting my dislike of how they advertised their fares. I felt like I had no idea how much my ticket would finally cost, due to the unknown fees that were added at the end. The advertised fare could be $600 return, but when you get to the end there's another $350 in "fees". I remember the days when you looked at the fare and said "yeah" I can afford to go home for a visit, because the price at the start, was the same as when you got to page 6 of the transaction (probably pre 9/11). Anyway, that's been my own personal experience and who knows, maybe someone read my email
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:36 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Most of those extra charges will be government taxes and airport charges, so not really BA or any other airlines fault to be fair.
Most of it is an adjustment for "fuel prices" or whatever. Not taxes.