Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BA deals to London

BA deals to London

Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:40 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have booked BA flights out of Tampa to Gatwick for 2 Adults + 2 Kids for their March spring break, total was $2358 with taxes and airport charges. Also booked London hotels, 2 double rooms for $100 per night. So for 2 adults, 2 kids, 5 nights in London, airfares and accomodation we are at $2858.

I booked this morning and just checked, fares from Tampa on our dates are now $5980. They must only have a few seats at the cheaper rates.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 2:31 pm
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just priced up flights from DFW to Gatwick for the end of May and beginning of June, $1306 all-in for me and 'er indoors. That's flying out on 5/28 (I mean, 28/5 ) and coming back June 6.

If we travel a day later each way we could save about $150 each, but we are booked on flights onwards to Naples, Italy on the 29th (return 5th).

My experience in the past has been that BA is cheaper than American by $10 each way every time I look. Which seems strange to me because DFW is a major AA hub....

btw I notice that BA now has "Premium Economy" seats.... anyone ever try these? They're not much more expensive (about $200 more or so). What do you get above the normal "sardines in a tin" class?

Cheers,
p22
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:32 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Originally posted by pilgrim22
I just priced up flights from DFW to Gatwick for the end of May and beginning of June, $1306 all-in for me and 'er indoors. That's flying out on 5/28 (I mean, 28/5 ) and coming back June 6.

If we travel a day later each way we could save about $150 each, but we are booked on flights onwards to Naples, Italy on the 29th (return 5th).

My experience in the past has been that BA is cheaper than American by $10 each way every time I look. Which seems strange to me because DFW is a major AA hub....

btw I notice that BA now has "Premium Economy" seats.... anyone ever try these? They're not much more expensive (about $200 more or so). What do you get above the normal "sardines in a tin" class?

Cheers,
p22
Pilgrim, the premium economy seats have enough extra legroom to make your flight a LOT more comfortable.