British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   BA deals to London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ba-deals-london-206281/)

effi Jan 29th 2004 2:25 am

BA deals to London

BA has a deal to London from JFK for $99 rt. Book by Feb 5

JulianB Jan 29th 2004 2:30 am

Re: BA deals to London

Originally posted by effi
Hmmm...always suspicious of such deals, usually a catch. BA does tend to be cheaper for flights here, but when I want to bring my family here, you have to use a credit card with a UK address. So, I use AA, slightly more expensive, but no such limitation.

effi Jan 29th 2004 2:32 am

Originally posted by JulianB
Hmmm...always suspicious of such deals, usually a catch. BA does tend to be cheaper for flights here, but when I want to bring my family here, you have to use a credit card with a UK address. So, I use AA, slightly more expensive, but no such limitation.
We went on a deal like this last March from Phoenix, no problems or catches. Even got upgraded on the way home to AZ.

jaytee Jan 29th 2004 4:22 am

Originally posted by effi

it's not round trip

"...starting at just $99* each way based on round-trip purchase (fees and restrictions apply)."

it does not include taxes, fees, charges and surcharges of $109.15

total price of round trip fare is $298.20 or about $300.00 to get from JFK to LHR and back

jemetpl Jan 29th 2004 9:15 am

That's still rather less than it costs to go the other way.

Jan Alaska Jan 29th 2004 11:06 am

I did the BA 'special' back in December, there arent any added extras ... but I'm now sure they've put another row of seats in. A good friend of mine travels BA regularily and has said that she has no problems with leg room (shes 5'8" ... 4inches taller than me) and my knees were touching the seat in front on my flights.

Jan

Bluegrass Lass Jan 29th 2004 12:24 pm

My fiance booked a flight from LHR to JFK with BA for Apriil. It was £213, or about $380 round trip. He only wanted a one-way, but that cost would have been outrageous. That's the cheapest flight we've ever found - now we just have to get him down here to me with a connection flight!

Taffyles Jan 29th 2004 1:13 pm

BA come out with these deals at least once a year. We booked flights home for May during their last promotion in Nov- got round trip tickets for $385 each (that includes all taxes, charges etc) from Tampa to Gatwick. :D

Expat_Wannabe Jan 29th 2004 1:44 pm

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
My fiance booked a flight from LHR to JFK with BA for Apriil. It was £213, or about $380 round trip. He only wanted a one-way, but that cost would have been outrageous. That's the cheapest flight we've ever found - now we just have to get him down here to me with a connection flight!
I knew that I wanted to fly to LA for Thanksgiving and started looking during the summer. A glitch on ebookers meant that I got a direct return flight with United for £150 (all taxes). On the way home the flight got delayed, so they put us up in the Hilton with dinner and breakfast and gave us a $150 coupon for any United purchase!

jaytee Jan 29th 2004 11:09 pm

everyone might want to try the sidestep software at http://www.sidestep.com

JulianB Jan 30th 2004 12:00 am

Originally posted by jaytee
everyone might want to try the sidestep software at http://www.sidestep.com
Sidestep is good, used it many times.

Here's what I do, a tip for looking for cheap fares.

Decide when you want to travel. Go to the British Airways site, it allows you to choose +/- 14 days of your travel dates. It also gives you the fares for each individual day, it's surprising the difference a day makes as they say. My experience has taught me that cheap fare days for BA are cheap fare days for most of the major airlines....try it and see.
:D

Duncan Roberts Jan 30th 2004 12:38 pm

Won't let me install because I dont use IE. Any site that does that is piss poor!

ladyofthelake Jan 30th 2004 1:01 pm

Oh, what a great deal......$417 for me from Orlando in May, $418 for the children each . How can they charge more for child tickets?

NC Penguin Jan 30th 2004 2:54 pm

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Oh, what a great deal......$417 for me from Orlando in May, $418 for the children each . How can they charge more for child tickets?
That has got to be a mistake! An airline can't justify charging more for a child fare than an adult's. Child is up to 12 years of age, isnt' it? Usually children weigh less than adults so the plane uses less fuel for the flight.

I avoid flying BA anyway and they don't fly to my nearest airport either...

effi Jan 30th 2004 4:00 pm

Originally posted by jaytee
it's not round trip

"...starting at just $99* each way based on round-trip purchase (fees and restrictions apply)."

it does not include taxes, fees, charges and surcharges of $109.15

total price of round trip fare is $298.20 or about $300.00 to get from JFK to LHR and back
Still a great deal. Last March we used this and also flew my son, d/inlaw and g/son from Philly to meet up in H/row, we saved over $2000.