Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BA Crew / visitor / Expat PHX? bring car seat to PHX...

BA Crew / visitor / Expat PHX? bring car seat to PHX...

Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BA Crew / visitor / Expat PHX? bring car seat to PHX...

Originally Posted by Bob
indeed....amazon would sell them without much issue....but the issue might well come into using one, certainly in a plane as many UK one's won't be certified, thus allowed to use in the US...
some UK car seats but not all of them are approved for use in the US. I think the britax and the graco ones are okay. We have always taken car seats with us for our kids when going on hols to the US, but only because i would rather not use the disgusting ones the car hire companies provide. If i was living i the US though i would have no probelms using the ones availble locally, they are fine and stringently tested and most are the same as ours anyway (britax, graco, mamas and papas/peg perego are all available) In fact they had the isofix ones way before we did, so if anything they are more advanced
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Safety is any parent's top concern!!! Which car seat are you after? Britax and Peg Perego are the best IMO and you can purchase them both here. My little chubs outgrew his Peg Perego (I think it is sold as mamas and papas in the UK) infant car seat just before he turned 4 months and we upgraded him to the Britax Marathon. BTW I purchased them both with free shipping from Target.com.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:22 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: BA Crew / visitor / Expat PHX? bring car seat to PHX...

Peg Perego - designed in Italy, made in China. All seats probably made in China - and then sent out to all the different countries.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Peg Perego - designed in Italy, made in China. All seats probably made in China - and then sent out to all the different countries.

Nope! There is a great big MADE IN ITALY sign on mine!