Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BA Cabin Crews Plan 7 Days of Strikes

BA Cabin Crews Plan 7 Days of Strikes

Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:33 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation BA Cabin Crews Plan 7 Days of Strikes

Here are the planned dates of BA cabin crews to take strike action:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ike-dates.html
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA Cabin Crews Plan 7 Days of Strikes

They made our Christmas visit to the UK stressful.

Now my mum is coming next week and her return flight may be compromised.

Fool me once, etc.

Never going to fly with them them again.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Fawny is an unknown quantity at this point

So far my travel dates aren't on there 3RD & 13TH April. Only using them as I have airmiles.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

going out March 21st and returning March 29th
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
going out March 21st and returning March 29th
Unite, the trade union that represents the majority of British Airways (BA) cabin crew, has announced its intention to take strike action on the following dates:

20, 21 and 22 March 2010
27, 28, 29 and 30 March 2010

http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._URGENT_CENTRE

Good luck!!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

Why fly with BA when there are much better and often cheaper fares available?

I always use Virgin and fly back to UK about 8 times a year. They have a good loyalty programme, I have never had any delays or problems. Better food and entertainment on the planes. They fly into Terminal 3 NOT terminal 5 at Heathrow. All in all a very satisfied customer.

Oh and I dont think they have ever gone on strike, or at least not whilst I have flown with them.

Porvera
Old Mar 12th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it depends where you travel from. From the nearest airport to me there's a direct flight to LHR and BA is almost always joint cheapest with Virgin... I presume they price match as their flights are just about always identical. I like BA. I just don't like them on strike.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I have crossed the Atlantic countless times using BA and Virgin ... the service from BA was a disgrace and after 3 trips with them we decided to just stick to Virgin.
Everytime the have a strike it just means more passengers go elsewhere and so it's a continuous theme ..... they strike and loose passengers, they have to cut back and they strike again, it goes on. If they stopped going on strike and gave proper in flight service they wouldn't loose buisiness.
They are destroying their own job security everytime they strike.

I hope they go out of buisiness and all they useless shits have to go on the dole
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:37 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I won't fly BA for a number of reasons.

1. The sky waiters and waitresses are invariably rude.
2. The service is poor.
3. They're expensive.
4. Because of this... Disgraceful.

http://travel.aol.com/travel-ideas/a...e-sex-offender

I hope he takes them to the cleaners. PC a$$holes.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Unite, the trade union that represents the majority of British Airways (BA) cabin crew, has announced its intention to take strike action on the following dates:

20, 21 and 22 March 2010
27, 28, 29 and 30 March 2010

http://www.britishairways.com/travel..._URGENT_CENTRE

Good luck!!!
yep..read that!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes, Lisa

Virgin don't fly to our local airport - DFW so it's a choice of AA or BA. AA are almost always cheaper, so that's who we usually use.

I've got one of my sisters coming to visit at the end of March (flight is on the 30th) so she'll be breathing a sigh of relief that's she on AA.

Another sister is visiting at the end of May and she wanted to book business class for the overnight journey back to the UK, so she's gone with BA as their business class seats are better than AA's. She'll be hoping it's all sorted out by then.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

I don't understand why minors or children of 12 (in the article) have to fly alone!!

OK if they are orphans I can understand but I bet the majority have at least one parent. I would not want my children to travel without myself or my Wife.

Does this mean the parent, parents or guardian are too busy to fly with their child?

Why dont they simply change the rules. I doubt the cost involved in chaperoning (pressumably this person must be female) a minor around the airport, onto the plane and off at the other end makes it worthwhile anyway. Then add in the possibility of pissing off a full fare passenger with the added threat of them (if male - why just male?) being labeled a sexual threat - it surely cannot make sense, let alone commercial sense.

Let BA staff strike and eventually the above won't matter as they will be without jobs as there will be no BA but of course that would not be their fault.

Porvera
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:09 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

That guy was sitting with his six-months pregnant wife, and they ordered him to move.

I can just hear the haughty tone in the flight attendant's voice.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:17 pm
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by porvera
Why fly with BA when there are much better and often cheaper fares available?

I always use Virgin and fly back to UK about 8 times a year. They have a good loyalty programme, I have never had any delays or problems. Better food and entertainment on the planes. They fly into Terminal 3 NOT terminal 5 at Heathrow. All in all a very satisfied customer.

Oh and I dont think they have ever gone on strike, or at least not whilst I have flown with them.

Porvera
I live in Seattle, and now that I have a young kid it is so darn convenient flying with BA, as it's the only direct route to London. Bah, I would much rather use Virgin, wish they had a direct flight from Seattle.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
They made our Christmas visit to the UK stressful.

Now my mum is coming next week and her return flight may be compromised.

Fool me once, etc.

Never going to fly with them them again.
They made our immigration flight to the USA a lousy, stressful experience, starting at check in.

Have never flown with them since. On the positive side it reinforced why we were leaving.

Last edited by Zonie; Mar 12th 2010 at 11:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.