Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

B2 Tourist Visa

B2 Tourist Visa

Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

paulinep is a jewel in the roughpaulinep is a jewel in the roughpaulinep is a jewel in the roughpaulinep is a jewel in the rough
Default B2 Tourist Visa

I don't post often but have gotten some good info in the past from reading these boards so I'm hoping you guys can help me out!

I live in South Carolina (legally!!) and my best friend and her partner are planning to visit in November - they are both UK citizens - when they hit upon a little problem while researching US airport security measures - her partner has a driving conviction and it would appear that because of that he needs a B2 tourist visa - they applied for a visa appointment - it's on Oct 9th (they had booked to come out on Nov 1st) but even bringing all the necessary paperwork (copy of conviction record etc.) they were told that the issuing of the visa would take at least 8 weeks from the date of the interview - does anyone have any knowledge of this process, does it really take that long?

Hoping you can help out
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Tourist Visa

Originally Posted by paulinep
I don't post often but have gotten some good info in the past from reading these boards so I'm hoping you guys can help me out!

I live in South Carolina (legally!!) and my best friend and her partner are planning to visit in November - they are both UK citizens - when they hit upon a little problem while researching US airport security measures - her partner has a driving conviction and it would appear that because of that he needs a B2 tourist visa - they applied for a visa appointment - it's on Oct 9th (they had booked to come out on Nov 1st) but even bringing all the necessary paperwork (copy of conviction record etc.) they were told that the issuing of the visa would take at least 8 weeks from the date of the interview - does anyone have any knowledge of this process, does it really take that long?

Hoping you can help out
Most driving offences are not CIMT..why is he applying for a B-2
Waste of money unless they intend to stay more the 90 days
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B2 Tourist Visa

Originally Posted by paulinep

Hoping you can help out
are they planning on moving in

seriously they only need to complete the VWP (visa waver programme) form good for 90 days given out at check-in or on board the a/c.