Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

B2 Holiday Visa

B2 Holiday Visa

Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:18 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default B2 Holiday Visa

I have a friend and his wife who want to come over to the US and tour the whole country in an RV. They are Brits.

He is aware they will need visa, and he has seen the valid for 10 years on the B2 and assumed that gave him 10 years to stay. I explained that wasn't the case, but am I right the normal length of each visit is up to 6 months and if that is right is it possible when applying for the visa to get that increased. He was hoping to come for at least 9 months
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Holiday Visa

Originally Posted by lansbury
I have a friend and his wife who want to come over to the US and tour the whole country in an RV. They are Brits.

He is aware they will need visa, and he has seen the valid for 10 years on the B2 and assumed that gave him 10 years to stay. I explained that wasn't the case, but am I right the normal length of each visit is up to 6 months and if that is right is it possible when applying for the visa to get that increased. He was hoping to come for at least 9 months
It will be stamped on arrival with an 180 day stay in most cases
He can ask at the consulate but they dont decide the length of stay

He could apply for an extension while he is here off course
using form
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-539instr.pdf

If the delay was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond their control
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:25 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Best bet, do a RV tour for six months in the US, and then another in Canada....
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Best bet, do a RV tour for six months in the US, and then another in Canada....
That's what I suggested, but it is knowing how long they would have to be in Canada before coming back.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Somepeople have had them revalidated, but no guarantee Best to make it 6 months to be certain.