British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   b1/2 travelling whilst applying for h1b (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/b1-2-travelling-whilst-applying-h1b-106334/)

aquaowen Jan 18th 2002 2:37 pm



Hi there.Im applying for an h1b visa.Currently have a b1/2 in my passport.The h1b is taking ages - been about 4 months now - and i understand from texas ins that it will be another 2-4 weeks.My question is - can i travel to the states now and await the outcome of the h1b process inside the states? could this have any adverse effect on the application process?
could i just tell immigration officers, if asked, that im applying for an h1b work permit when entering? would i have to exit the states to get the h1b stamped in my passport at a later date at a foreign consulate? appreciate any advice.My wife would be travelling with me on a b1/2 awaiting her h4.

bregards/owen


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:28 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.