Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

B&B Scots style

B&B Scots style

Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B&B Scots style

Originally posted by ducatiandy
I think this "old guy" has now lost his recommended staus because of this and I for one think that is terrible, people in the Highlands of Scotland are very religious, if this guy had another religious belief it would be upheld, he is not being racist, bigoted or any of that, it is his religion, as he said"in the bible it clearly states it is wrong".
Agreed, as I said, It's his house, he can run it how he sees fit.

If he wants to turn business away then that is his perogative, but don't tell him what he has to do in his own home...........

I would have thought homosexuals would be the first to protect someone's right to do as they please in their own home.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

I think this "old guy" has now lost his recommended staus because of this and I for one think that is terrible, people in the Highlands of Scotland are very religious, if this guy had another religious belief it would be upheld, he is not being racist, bigoted or any of that, it is his religion, as he said"in the bible it clearly states it is wrong". I am in no way religious but I respect other peoples beliefs, this is absolutely obsurd this poor man is loosing his recommended status because of this. It may even make hin a roaring trade now he doesn't need the tourist board anymore with the news coverage he has had.

People have to realise that the highlands are a different world to London.

As for the sheep they are never safe outside Glasgow.
Wow ... so that's why all the sheep are being rounded up and let loose in Rouken Glen and Lin Park Glasgow

Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:14 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

And humans arent safe in Glasgow
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
And humans arent safe in Glasgow
That is so very true.....which is why they all come to Auld Reekie

Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I think this "old guy" has now lost his recommended staus because of this and I for one think that is terrible, people in the Highlands of Scotland are very religious, if this guy had another religious belief it would be upheld, he is not being racist, bigoted or any of that, it is his religion, as he said"in the bible it clearly states it is wrong". I am in no way religious but I respect other peoples beliefs, this is absolutely obsurd this poor man is loosing his recommended status because of this. It may even make hin a roaring trade now he doesn't need the tourist board anymore with the news coverage he has had.

People have to realise that the highlands are a different world to London.

I completely agree... if he does not want the business from homosexuals that is fine... I just think he can decline it without being so nasty (ie. poofs, bent etc) if he had said he did not want paki's, niggers or wogs staying he would rightly lose his license... to be honest I don't see what he did as being much different.

Ash
Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
I completely agree... if he does not want the business from homosexuals that is fine... I just think he can decline it without being so nasty (ie. poofs, bent etc) if he had said he did not want paki's, niggers or wogs staying he would rightly lose his license... to be honest I don't see what he did as being much different.

Ash
Actually that was the general view of a panel and audience of Question Time from Inverness on BBC1-tv tonight just finished..the panel of 5 all condemned his action AND the words he used (it included one gay MP).

If he had said the same about blacks and pakis and god knows what else it would have been illegal. Interesting though..all the people in the audience who agred with this guy were all old people anyway...they and this guy should know that times and attitudes have changed in this country and their day has gone. Its the 21st centure for gods sake even if there are still Presbyterian bigots still up there in Kinlochewe.

Anyway this guy has had his hotel removed from lists of suitable places to stay at, by both Visit Scotland and the Scottish Tourist board. He has also been deluged by nasty e-mails from all over the place, and not just from here in UK.

Old Jul 1st 2004, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

If people don't like the way he runs his hotel he should tell them to stick it up their arse !
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
If people don't like the way he runs his hotel he should tell them to stick it up their arse !

Totally agree! It is nothing like being racist! That is political rambling, politicians all try and get on the bandwaggon of something like this for their own benifit not anyone elses.

What we are saying he has been repremanded for the way he said something; if he had of said Homosexual, would that have ment he wouldn't of lost his licence? My Arse!(oops no pun intended).
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Lothianlad

If he had said the same about blacks and pakis and god knows what else it would have been illegal. Interesting though..all the people in the audience who agred with this guy were all old people anyway...they and this guy should know that times and attitudes have changed in this country and their day has gone. Its the 21st centure for gods sake even if there are still Presbyterian bigots still up there in Kinlochewe.

I dont really care who is who and they are what they are who ever they are or what ever they are, hopefully I said that as politically correct as possible(gone mad hasn't it).

I would expect you being from Edinburgh to say this guy was not right. Have you ever made a stance on what you believe?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

To be honest, does anyone really want a couple of gays roaming round their back passage in the middle of the night ?

And by unnatural acts does he mean The Krankies ?

Last edited by doctor scrumpy; Jul 2nd 2004 at 11:03 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

And by unnatural acts does he mean The Krankies ?

I was absolutley devastated when I found out Jimmy Krankie was a bird, a very small one at that, as I am sure many young boys of that era were close to topping themselves. I related to this wee strange guy and thought I would love to have him sitting next to me in my class, nowadays as per this topic title it would not be politically correct for Jimmy Krankie to dress as a wee boy for the entertainment of young kids, what would this lead to I ask.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

This has all been caused by the fact that one of the 2 homosexuals is too idle to walk the few feet across the room to the others bed.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

This has all been caused by the fact that one of the 2 homosexuals is too idle to walk the few feet across the room to the others bed.
As I have said. I find it bizarre that a homosexual is having a go at someone for the what he does in his own home. Very hypocritical.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont really care who is who and they are what they are who ever they are or what ever they are, hopefully I said that as politically correct as possible(gone mad hasn't it).

I would expect you being from Edinburgh to say this guy was not right. Have you ever made a stance on what you believe?
Yep...I have.....not long after I started at university. I found out there is a great world outside Corstorphine and life is meant to be lived. PC is mad if you are ruled by it.