Reload this Page >

Average Salary Luxury Retail Manager LA

Average Salary Luxury Retail Manager LA

Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:13 am
Just Joined

erin.capecchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Average Salary Luxury Retail Manager LA

Hello,

I am trying to find out what the average salary for an experienced retail manager (luxury fashion) is in LA? I am considering a move from the UK where my salary is at the top end of the pay scale for the area I live however hard to convert into dollars and for the City of LA where cost of living is much higher.

Advice from anyone in this field would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Erin
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:17 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average Salary Luxury Retail Manager LA

There are several salary and payroll calculators. I would suggest starting with one like:

http://www.salary.com

What will be your visa status in the USA?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Hello,

I am a dual uk/us citizen so I am eligible to work however getting my husband a visa is sounding troublesome so I am trying to secure a job first.

Thankyou for the link I will check this out!!

Erin
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:31 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

We have a special forum for marriage-based visas and the folks in there can give you all the ins and outs of what you need to do, along with some guidelines for time frames, etc. If you have some questions feel free to ask over there:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Is there any other city you'd consider besides LA?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Great, this is a lot of help, thanks!

Yes we would consider anywhere really. We really like the outdoorsy vibe in LA and have struggled to find another city like this.

Basically we would move anywhere we can get decent work. I am a senior retail manager and my husband is a grphic designer so we really need to be close o a city.

Again thanks

Erin
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

glassdoor is another site.

Plenty of locations to consider moving to if there's no specific reason for going to LA
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - Just a thought - look at Las Vegas. The number of luxury stores is bountiful and the cost of living is lower. And, you are still within 4 hours of LA and the coast, as well as boundless areas of mountains and outdoorsy stuff.

There is a lot more to Vegas than the strip! (Although that is where the luxury shops are...you don't LIVE there....)
Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I'd look at San Diego. Its not too far from LA and has loads of luxury retail outlets particularly around the La Jolla area. Being a big city there should be something for your partner too. It;s also very outdoorsy.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of outdoors activities are you looking for? There are other cities that arguably have better opportunities than LA.

I live in the Hollywood area. There is a lot of hiking and mountain biking, and of course surfing, but you have to drive pretty far to get to the mountains where the real action is (Tahoe, Mammoth etc.)

If you can handle the weather (it's really not that bad) I'd definitely add Seattle to your list of places to consider. The outdoors opportunites in the Pacific Northwest are off the charts. Seattle is a very wealthy city and as such has plenty of high-end retail.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 4:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag
If you can handle the weather (it's really not that bad) I'd definitely add Seattle to your list of places to consider. The outdoors opportunites in the Pacific Northwest are off the charts. Seattle is a very wealthy city and as such has plenty of high-end retail.
Plenty of outdoor stuff to do on the east coast too, like Boston, and loads of high end retail stores...the pay is still shit though.