Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Automatic visa revalidation

Automatic visa revalidation

Old Aug 9th 2002, 12:53 am
Just Joined

nu2dis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Automatic visa revalidation

We plan to land in Canada as PR by flight and have a question about flying back to the US after 3-weeks.
Can it be done with a valid I-94 and H1/H4 approval letter, i.e, without an entry visa? We assume that it can be done when passing the border physically, but don't know if things are different if boarding a flight.
Thank you. This is also posted by Tom.
Old Aug 11th 2002, 9:50 am
Ingo Pakleppa

Default Re: Automatic visa revalidation

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 19:29:17 -0700, nu2dis wrote:

> We plan to land in Canada as PR by flight and have a question about flying back to
    > the US after 3-weeks. Can it be done with a valid I-94 and H1/H4 approval letter,
    > i.e, without an entry visa? We assume that it can be done when passing the border
    > physically, but don't know if things are different if boarding a flight. Thank you.
    > This is also posted by Tom.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Yes, it can be done by are as well as by land. However, do be aware that you must
hold on to your I-94. Since you plan to land as a Canadian PR, it is quite possible
that the Canadian immigration officer will collect the I-94 at the same time. If you
ask him to return it to you, he may deny you admission as PR because you wouldn't
really plan to establish a residence in Canada.

Generally, a combination of Canadian PR and a US H-1B/H-4 is tricky at best; you may
have to decide between one or the other.

Ingo