Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Auto Windshield Repair Insurance!!

Auto Windshield Repair Insurance!!

Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:45 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Question Auto Windshield Repair Insurance!!

So AAA in CA not sure about other states have just changed their policy coverages and no longer do what they call a Flexi auto insurance thus no windshield cover I would normally pay $50 for a replacement, I have just had a shit fight with some twat who told me that none of the polices cover windshield replacement anymore!!

So anyone pay independent of their auto insurance for this kinda damage please!!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto Windshield Repair Insurance!!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
So AAA in CA not sure about other states have just changed their policy coverages and no longer do what they call a Flexi auto insurance thus no windshield cover I would normally pay $50 for a replacement, I have just had a shit fight with some twat who told me that none of the polices cover windshield replacement anymore!!

So anyone pay independent of their auto insurance for this kinda damage please!!
Included with our insurance here in AZ. No deductible, either.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I'd change insurer if I was you.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles View Post
I'd change insurer if I was you.
Definitely. Shop around.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, change insurance?
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:18 pm
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

My wife's car just needed a new windscreen. We're with Nationwide (and pretty comprehensively insured), and there is a $250 deductible with the windscreen policy so the insurance only covered about $75 of the bill.

I had a similar WTF conversation with Nationwide. It seems odd that the windscreen coverage is so weak - I hope that it's not the same with the rest of the cover!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:19 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!! Thanks Guys that seems a unanimous vote.

Thank you all
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf View Post
My wife's car just needed a new windscreen. We're with Nationwide (and pretty comprehensively insured), and there is a $250 deductible with the windscreen policy so the insurance only covered about $75 of the bill.

I had a similar WTF conversation with Nationwide. It seems odd that the windscreen coverage is so weak - I hope that it's not the same with the rest of the cover!
I have $25,000 Bodily per person
$50,000/accident
$25,000 property damage
Collision deductabile $500/accident
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:27 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I have $25,000 Bodily per person
$50,000/accident
$25,000 property damage
Collision deductabile $500/accident
Your limits are too low unless you have no assets.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
Your limits are too low unless you have no assets.
Nope not in the US.

What would you suggest please!!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:33 pm
Septicity

Nope not in the US.

What would you suggest please!!
Let's say you plough into a brand new $100k parked Merc with your current policy and write it off. Your insurance company will write a check for the limit of their liability ($25k) and walk away. If you have assets, the owner (or their insurance company if they had underinsured coverage) will come after you for the other $75k.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
Let's say you plough into a brand new $100k parked Merc with your current policy and write it off. Your insurance company will write a check for the limit of their liability ($25k) and walk away. If you have assets, the owner (or their insurance company if they had underinsured coverage) will come after you for the other $75k.
Well they will have a bloody long wait then lol...but yes I knew that part just wondering what is a realistic coverage to go for if I do indeed bother to change at all!!

Last edited by Poppy girl; Oct 4th 2011 at 5:58 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I have it with GEICO full coverage, no deductible, plus they come to your house or place of business to do the work.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
I have it with GEICO full coverage, no deductible, plus they come to your house or place of business to do the work.
Ummm some investigating needs to be done at my end for sure!!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:46 pm

Progressive "we will need to take 15 mins to ask you about 50 questions before we can give you a quote" Will it affect my credit score for just getting a quote" "Yes" "what just for a quote" "Yes" we will need to pull your Fico score"...Bollocks not going to waste my time going through that palavar!!...phone was put down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.