Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Australia voted 2nd best in world for quality of life

Australia voted 2nd best in world for quality of life

Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:52 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia voted 2nd best in world for quality of life

Originally Posted by kporte
I think the intelligence is in ignoring these surveys and not even considering looking at the sources
That`s why I didn`t bother to check these sources myself. Most surveys though, tend to put France as the no.1 country in the world to live in.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:52 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Surveys, schmurveys - I'd rather set up home in Beirut, than go back and live Oz!!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:53 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
That`s why I didn`t bother to check these sources myself. Most surveys though, tend to put France as the no.1 country in the world to live in.
Wonderful place to live.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:54 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Surveys, schmurveys - I'd rather set up home in Beirut, than go back and live Oz!!
Now we know you`re being just silly. Unless of course you happen to be an arms dealer.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

France not with all those frogs legs.
Hahaha...

But why do those who are very happy in OZ spend their time looking for surveys to prove they chose the best place to live, weirdo's

Shouldn't they be on the beach or summat, showing their hairy bits.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:01 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Wonderful place to live.
Anybody that has an appreciation of culture, history, geographic diversity would`t argue with that.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:01 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
France not with all those frogs legs.

Hahaha...

But why do those who are very happy in OZ spend their time looking for surveys to prove they chose the best place to live, weirdo's

Shouldn't they be on the beach or summat, showing their hairy bits.
Exactly!!! Who needs culture, history and a sense of belonging when you can sit on a windy beach in 40 degree heat getting skin cancer!!

Hope all is well with you and yours Rach xx
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Anybody that has an appreciation of culture, history, geographic diversity would`t argue with that.
That would have been my first choice but my French isn't up to it. Midi-pyrenees , markets and Cathar country. I miss that more than the land of my birth...
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:12 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

That would have been my first choice but my French isn't up to it. Midi-pyrenees , markets and Cathar country. I miss that more than the land of my birth...
I don`t know that part of France as well as I would like, but I know it has a reputation of great beauty and people fall in love with it.

A Scot missing France more than bonny Scotland, now I`ve heard it all
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

I don`t know that part of France as well as I would like, but I know it has a reputation of great beauty and people fall in love with it.

A Scot missing France more than bonny Scotland, now I`ve heard it all
It does trouble me a bit
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:33 pm
Grace and gratitude

Have to agree France would be my no.1 choice - joint with Italy - unfortunately my French too is a little lacking and my Italian even worse - 'en France' I would choose La Rochelle or the Aquitaine coast - Italy would have to be Rome or Florence - hubbie and I have promised ourselves a second home in France one day.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

Have to agree France would be my no.1 choice - joint with Italy - unfortunately my French too is a little lacking and my Italian even worse - 'en France' I would choose La Rochelle or the Aquitaine coast - Italy would have to be Rome or Florence - hubbie and I have promised ourselves a second home in France one day.
It has a sense of wellbeing and rightness I have never encountered anywhere else... I am happy in Oz though, and where ever you are that's all that counts
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:49 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Question: why do all the countries that rank higher than the UK for "quality of life" have higher suicide rates (in some cases much higher) than the UK?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_rates
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by elfman
Question: why do all the countries that rank higher than the UK for "quality of life" have higher suicide rates (in some cases much higher) than the UK?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_rates
That means a lot of depressed folk with no bottle in the UK. Brings the rest down.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:58 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I think the intelligence is in ignoring these surveys and not even considering looking at the sources
I copied it from the Canada forum thank you very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.