Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Aussie interest rates rising again,and again...

Aussie interest rates rising again,and again...

Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:50 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie interest rates rising again,and again...

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Yeah, you can be our financial advisor
Cos I'll bl@@dy need one when I get there! I spent our month on the reccie harassing the OH with 'How much is this then?' (conversion).You can imagine the response after 1 week of this...:curse:
J x
Hell no, I work with Financial Advisers and I can't were a suit that slick and still pretend to have the client's interests at heart

The conversion thing is a natural instinct but after a while you forget to do it (a year or so for me I guess) and I think this is a good thing.

On the subject of cash and salary, it is not necessarily a given that a migrant from the UK will take a drop here (yup, even outside of Sydney) ... depends on profession and person, obviously.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
That depends ... if they continue to go down, getting a fixed rate now does not make sense ...

It's a bit like the guys on here recently who were hanging around hoping for a better exchange from GBP to ozzy dollar. You have to make a decision and if you are comfortable with the rate then you go for it. You can always split it, half fixed etc.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Anyone considering renting while their here in Oz and buying in the Uk then?
Especially for those thinking of returning in a few years. If the interest rates are going down - sounds like a great time to make a purchase over there.
Unlike here.
*pearly*

It's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:09 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
It's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Anyone else thinking of doing this? I'd be really keen to hear how you do it.

And Vim - stop hogging my moan on here.

And were NOT whinging Poms ( For a start I'm scottish by the way! )
We're just some people who despite their own efforts, Oz hasn't worked out for them when they got here. No drama - just how it is.

*pearly*
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:23 pm
Banned

Major Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant future

oh right

1788 captain cooke arrives in Sydney to set up the penal colony.

pome or pohme= prisoner of the mother england

inturn the British Isles I think you will find that you are indeed a pom even with your scottish heritage.

There are many alternative ways to describe the people of the United Kingdom (UK), though the official designated nationality is British. The standard noun is Briton (see also demonym), but in colloquial usage this is often abbreviated informally to Brit. In practice, Britons are often referred to, according to their constituent nation, as English, Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish. Historically "British" implied a connection with the British Isles rather than with the United Kingdom and its predecessor states. Some other terms are humorous or derogatory slang, and used mainly by people from other countries, although British people themselves may use them in a self-deprecating way. Other terms are serious or tongue-in-cheek attempts to coin words as alternatives to the potentially ambiguous standard terms. British (English, Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh combined) people may consider some if not all irreverent terms to be offensive, or in some cases even racist. Though there is often a misunderstanding on the British behalf when called Pommy by an Australian; as 'Pommy' is widely known as 'Prisoners of Her Majesty's Service'

Anyone else thinking of doing this? I'd be really keen to hear how you do it.

And Vim - stop hogging my moan on here.

And were NOT whinging Poms ( For a start I'm scottish by the way! )
We're just some people who despite their own efforts, Oz hasn't worked out for them when they got here. No drama - just how it is.

*pearly*
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:31 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Major Edmund Lockyer
oh right

1788 captain cooke arrives in Sydney to set up the penal colony.

pome or pohme= prisoner of the mother england

inturn the British Isles I think you will find that you are indeed a pom even with your scottish heritage.

There are many alternative ways to describe the people of the United Kingdom (UK), though the official designated nationality is British. The standard noun is Briton (see also demonym), but in colloquial usage this is often abbreviated informally to Brit. In practice, Britons are often referred to, according to their constituent nation, as English, Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish. Historically "British" implied a connection with the British Isles rather than with the United Kingdom and its predecessor states. Some other terms are humorous or derogatory slang, and used mainly by people from other countries, although British people themselves may use them in a self-deprecating way. Other terms are serious or tongue-in-cheek attempts to coin words as alternatives to the potentially ambiguous standard terms. British (English, Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh combined) people may consider some if not all irreverent terms to be offensive, or in some cases even racist. Though there is often a misunderstanding on the British behalf when called Pommy by an Australian; as 'Pommy' is widely known as 'Prisoners of Her Majesty's Service'

Don't be an eejit. You were doin alright up until this post.

I'm S.C.O.T.T.I.S.H. - not English ( or even Welsh or Irish )
And Im very proud of my heritage. So don't you come on here and make me out to be the same as you. I'm not. Never will be. And will always be Scottish. Not a "Pom", or "Pohme" as I'm not a prisoner here and I am free to travel where I choose.
Thanks all the same for the informative post.

So, anyway - BACK TO INTEREST RATES.................!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:20 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

And Im very proud of my heritage. So don't you come on here and make me out to be the same as you. I'm not. Never will be. And will always be Scottish. Not a "Pom", or "Pohme" as I'm not a prisoner here and I am free to travel where I choose.
Ye gods man.......build a bridge and get over it
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:36 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Ye gods man.......build a bridge and get over it
Don't blame me. He started it! :curse:
Can we just get back to interest rates and expat mortgages PLEASE?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Don't blame me. He started it! :curse:
Can we just get back to interest rates and expat mortgages PLEASE?
Yes i agree, the interest rates here...stink!!!!

At least they have gone down in UK. That's how it used to be when i lived there, up and down....but here...up, up ,up,...will it ever end
Glad i'm leaving
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:42 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yes i agree, the interest rates here...stink!!!!

At least they have gone down in UK. That's how it used to be when i lived there, up and down....but here...up, up ,up,...will it ever end
Glad i'm leaving
Nushooz!!!! Your leaving?? What?? When??
I knew you weren't settled but I didn't know you'd decided.
Geeeez! How you feeling? You got everything sorted yet?

*pearly*
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:03 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Well i remember the interest rates being 15 % in UK when Alan and I bought our first house!

yes they dropped and then have now started to rise again - i believe they are not much better than here in Oz now?? ( i dont check so can't confirm)

The rates here in Oz will drop again eventually as they did in UK, and yes they will probably go up a bit more too, will they reach 15%??? financial sources say unlikely but who knows?

Interest rates rise and fall the world over, No matter where you live!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:23 am
Banned

Major Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant future

and you should be proud, why not.

who said you were english.... British I said.

So, anyway - BACK TO INTEREST RATES.................!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Nushooz!!!! Your leaving?? What?? When??
I knew you weren't settled but I didn't know you'd decided.
Geeeez! How you feeling? You got everything sorted yet?

*pearly*
hello *pearly*

It has been on the cards since we got here. I knew we had made a terrible mistake. But, you give it a try and hope for the best.
Still, after our trip back to UK last Oct, it confirmed what we wanted. To go back home.
So, my 2 cats have had rabies and blood tests done, house up for sale, fingers crossed.
Thing is, i don't hate Perth, infact i find it a beautiful place. It's just not for us and the kids want to go home.....so off we go. Life's full of surprises and i love a good challenge.