Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

aussie BA degree equal to US for H-1B ?

aussie BA degree equal to US for H-1B ?

Old Jul 30th 2002, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

bigbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aussie BA degree equal to US for H-1B ?

I hope to apply for an H-1B visa once I find an employer to sponsor me. Do you know if a 3 year Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in journalism, that I got in Perth, Australia is likely to be ruled as equivalent to the 4 year BA in the US?
Can you recommend an inexpensive California agency who would officially prove this for me? Many many thanks. This is a wonderful site. big bird
Old Jul 31st 2002, 6:20 am
Stuart Brook

Default Re: aussie BA degree equal to US for H-1B ?

bigbird wrote:
    >
    > I hope to apply for an H-1B visa once I find an employer to sponsor me. Do you know
    > if a 3 year Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in journalism, that I got in Perth,
    > Australia is likely to be ruled as equivalent to the 4 year BA in the US? Can you
    > recommend an inexpensive California agency who would officially prove this for me?
    > Many many thanks. This is a wonderful site. big bird
    >
    > --

Generally 3 year foreign degrees are considered equivalent to US 4 year programs, but
you will need a credentials evaluation. Look at the "Rolodex" on www.grasmick.com for
a list of such services.

Stuart

Old Aug 1st 2002, 2:21 pm
Joe

Default Re: aussie BA degree equal to US for H-1B ?

When I first came to the USA from New Zealand, I had just graduated with a 3-year
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree from University of Canturbury in
Christchurch, New Zealand. However, on applying to grad school at University of
Minnesota, the IT Grad School refused to recognize my NZ degree. So I had to do a
(senior) year at Uni of Minnesota. In the end, I ended up with two Bachelor degrees
in EE - one from Uni of Canturbury and one from Uni of Minnesota.

bigbird <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I hope to apply for an H-1B visa once I find an employer to sponsor me. Do you know
    > if a 3 year Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in journalism, that I got in Perth,
    > Australia is likely to be ruled as equivalent to the 4 year BA in the US? Can you
    > recommend an inexpensive California agency who would officially prove this for me?
    > Many many thanks. This is a wonderful site. big bird
    >
    >
    >
    > --