Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Aus -v- UK weather.

Aus -v- UK weather.

Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:36 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aus -v- UK weather.

The kids have been off school now for what seems like an eternity! Roll on a couple of weeks

It seems all these kids have said to us since they broke up from school is "It's too hot to play outside" so, they do exactly the same as UK kids do; hang around inside, lolling all over the furniture, playing P.S, etc. Even the thought some days of packing up a picnic and taking them to the park or the beach is like too much hassle in this heat.

Roll on being back in the chilly damp weather of the UK!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus -v- UK weather.

Originally Posted by TraceyW
The kids have been off school now for what seems like an eternity! Roll on a couple of weeks

It seems all these kids have said to us since they broke up from school is "It's too hot to play outside" so, they do exactly the same as UK kids do; hang around inside, lolling all over the furniture, playing P.S, etc. Even the thought some days of packing up a picnic and taking them to the park or the beach is like too much hassle in this heat.

Roll on being back in the chilly damp weather of the UK!
I hear you about the holidays, I sway between suicidal and murderous tendancies! Mine are in the pool all the time so at least they are out of the house.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:45 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

The two boys next door can't wait to go back to school. They go in their pool and have friends around, but their dad told us they are generally stuck in on their PSP's because of the heat. They are mainy in the pool early morning and late afternoon 'cos their mum won't let them go outside in the midday sun. Can't say I blame her either. She said it's been the 'longest' holiday she can remember and both her boys play all kinds of sports too. They are from Dublin and, I suppose like most of us, thought having a pool would keep them occupied all summer, but it just doesn't work like that in reality.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:55 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah our kids spend a lot of time in the pool too. Only one problem though, one of us always has to sit outside with them and if that persons me...oh I hate it. Sitting out there in stinking heat, covered in flies..urgh! I get so ratty.

13 days and counting

At least in the UK I didn't have to be constantly saying "Have you got sunscreen on?" or "Where's your hat?" and "Drink that water before you shrivel up"
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Yeah our kids spend a lot of time in the pool too. Only one problem though, one of us always has to sit outside with them and if that persons me...oh I hate it. Sitting out there in stinking heat, covered in flies..urgh! I get so ratty.

13 days and counting

At least in the UK I didn't have to be constantly saying "Have you got sunscreen on?" or "Where's your hat?" and "Drink that water before you shrivel up"
I can't wait now particularly as my youngest starts pre primary

I must be a bad mother because I don't sit and watch them all the time but then again I can see them from the kitchen and family room and they are both excellent swimmers and I won't let the youngest in without the oldest being in the water.

Agree about the sunscreen, hat and water. It does get tiresome doesn't it.