Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Aus BBQ's do they work in the U.K

Aus BBQ's do they work in the U.K

Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aus BBQ's do they work in the U.K

Dear all,

Just wanted to know if it was worth bringing nearly brand spanking top condition Aus BBQ home...why top condition?...well because we have hardly used it here in Perth.....so we just wanted to know if the Gas connections are the same for the gas bottle and if not can you get an adaptor? and please..no witty comments about weather etc in the U.K...we use to have BBQ's for no good reason than just to have a good time no matter wind,hail,rain etc....many thanks...
Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Aus BBQ's do they work in the U.K

Originally Posted by brits1
Dear all,

Just wanted to know if it was worth bringing nearly brand spanking top condition Aus BBQ home...why top condition?...well because we have hardly used it here in Perth.....so we just wanted to know if the Gas connections are the same for the gas bottle and if not can you get an adaptor? and please..no witty comments about weather etc in the U.K...we use to have BBQ's for no good reason than just to have a good time no matter wind,hail,rain etc....many thanks...
We are taking ours back. You need to get a different cylinder adaptor that is compatible with a UK gas bottle. We have been given one by someone who came out to Aus recently but I'm sure you'd find them in B & Q etc.

We have been advised by our removal company that you can't take the gas bottle back though.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Yep the gas connection is different. Just chop it off and buy a new connection here
I got rid of our big ugly useless BBQ and bought a Webber.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yep the gas connection is different. Just chop it off and buy a new connection here
I got rid of our big ugly useless BBQ and bought a Webber.
If I had my way it wouldn't be going...unfortunately my OH is quite attached to the thing. It's a huge 6 burner Hooded thing with cabinet underneath. Taking up far too much room in the container for my liking!! I've no doubt it will sit there unused for months on end till he realises a compact Webber is the way to go.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by stm1971
If I had my way it wouldn't be going...unfortunately my OH is quite attached to the thing. It's a huge 6 burner Hooded thing with cabinet underneath. Taking up far too much room in the container for my liking!! I've no doubt it will sit there unused for months on end till he realises a compact Webber is the way to go.
Never understood why the BBQ's have to be so bloody big. All that metal to fry afew sausages and burgers
The Webber is fab though.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Never understood why the BBQ's have to be so bloody big. All that metal to fry afew sausages and burgers
Ours is like new because we hardly use the thing.....I would leave it at a drop of a hat but the OH wants to bring it....he only ever does a big breakfast on it.....and we were both BBQ'd out here within the first few years anyway so we will see "To BBQ or not to BBQ"....
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:45 pm
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

It must be a 'boy' thing.
My OH wants to bring our NZ BBQ back with us.
And to be fair - we bbq'd in Scotland about as much as we do here. Possibly more across there - as the sun would poke out its head and the shout would go out - quite lets have a bbq to which all in sundry would be invited.

But I agree with stm1971 - will be taking up far too much room in the container for my liking.

But then if he's happy - the rest of us are happy.
Anything for a little peace.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - like NS says - just buy a new attachment when you get here. dont bring back canisters even if empty - they dont comply with british safety standards - nor does the attachment - hence the need to change it. Just realised you go back April - hope it goes well for you. C
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:56 am
Banned

bmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nice

Dear all,

The weather could be a problemo!

Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't cooked 1 sausage or burger on our BBQ in 5 years. Why do most folk think that is all you can cook on one.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bmatthews
The weather could be a problemo!

Yeah, It's either too ruddy hot or raining or if not any of those it's the flies....
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Yeah, It's either too ruddy hot or raining or if not any of those it's the flies....
You probably won't even use it in UK, too many other things to see and do. I have used my webber once since we been back, but that's because we are sooo over having BBQ's anyway

Guess where i'm going today.....................Trafford Centre yeh!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
We haven't cooked 1 sausage or burger on our BBQ in 5 years. Why do most folk think that is all you can cook on one.
We dont even own a BBQ, kept meaning to get one but never bothered. It almost seems obligatory when you talk to some people. Mr PP does the cooking and our garden is a short way from the kitchen so everything is carried out.

I am sure one day we will get one but we are always doing something so don't have time I guess. Besides, my kelpie would probably treat it like his very heavy kennel - chew it and drag it round the garden.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:15 am
Banned

bmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nicebmatthews is just really nice

Meant the weather back in the old country but fair enough, mate!

Ben.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

You probably won't even use it in UK, too many other things to see and do. I have used my webber once since we been back, but that's because we are sooo over having BBQ's anyway

Guess where i'm going today.....................Trafford Centre yeh!
Your really evil R. guess where I was Pheonix Shopping Centre..near cockburn...did it in 10 mins and I window shopped in every shop..lol...I am getting desperate...lol...you know I cannot remember the last time we had a BBQ...lol..even family visiting on holiday got bored of having them....spoke to my OH today and he said just to sell it or give it away..he plans on us having better times than resort to a BBQ...I hope so..lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.