Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ATTN: SHARONR

ATTN: SHARONR

Old Sep 25th 2001, 7:22 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

You have mentioned that your Fiance Brian has his interview on the 4th October. I have mine on the 5th and i was also told that the medical fees have increased for an adult to £125. Please if your fiance has his interview package could you please ask him how much the increase is if any on the cost of a childs medical ?.

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 25th 2001, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by K
You have mentioned that your Fiance Brian has his interview on the 4th October. I have mine on the 5th and i was also told that the medical fees have increased for an adult to £125. Please if your fiance has his interview package could you please ask him how much the increase is if any on the cost of a childs medical ?.

Thanks for your help

Adult medical fee for London is now £125 and child fee is £45 (as of October 1st).

HINT: Can the FAQ-guy please update the k1-faq pages please?

The IV21K form that's in the packet 4 gives all the details, and yes, it's a bummer that we have to pay the higher fees by just a week - especially as the "medical" is hardly comprehensive!!!

Good luck for the 5th... I hope to post something on the evening of the 4th saying how it all went.

Brian.
(K-1 interview on Oct 4th.)
Old Sep 25th 2001, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

For the benefit of our US partners, 125 pounds is about $175 and 45 pounds is about $63.

Old Sep 25th 2001, 9:19 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

Thanks very much for replying so quickly that eases my mind a little. Im hunting down hotels and all that at the moment hoping that someone is gonna supply me with breakfast at 6 am as i will be travelling from Wales

I hope that all goes well with you on the 4th. Good luck.
Old Sep 26th 2001, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

SharonR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi K - Well sorry for the long delay in replying - I don't check the newsgroups very often since I have such a wonderful better half that does the "reading" for us. He told me last night that he had answered you already (caused I would have deferred the question to him anyway) (-:

Good luck - where's your fiance from? Got an interview date yet?

Old Sep 26th 2001, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

tenderheartuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Im hunting down hotels and all that at the moment hoping that someone is gonna supply me with breakfast at 6 am as i will be travelling from Wales

Hi,
My 2 daughters & I had our interview & medical in May this year & we had to travel from Liuncolnshire so we stayed overnight in a hotel.
We stayed at the Marble Arch Inn Hotel which was very nice. The room was small but clean , modern & was ensuite. I would recommend it. It is a 2 minute walk to the doctors office & about 10 mins from the embassy. ( also very close to Oxford street! )They supply a good continental breakfast which is left outside your door very early in the morning ( we were up at 6.30am ).
You can book on line.
This is a link to that hotel & a load of others in that area.

http://www.databrowse.co.uk/hotels/london/w1html

Hope it helps!

Karen.
Old Sep 26th 2001, 4:07 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

Thanks very much for the link tenderheart I shall be certain to try them

SharonR...yes please thank him for the reply. The Embassy date is 5th October (recieved the letter this morning) Dave is from Missouri...been there once nice place

Thanks for the good luck im gonna need every ounce i can get i am so worried...especially my sons medical as even though he doesnt have any communicable disease or anything like that he does have a handicapp which doesnt require any treatment also he leads a normal life of a 10 year old,able bodied etc, is a little bit behind on his work in school and i am terrified about this.

Good luck to you and Brian too
Old Sep 26th 2001, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

I too came down from Wales (South) to stay overnight in a hotel not too far from Oxford St; We stayed in the Hilton Metropole where the Edgeware Road intersects Praed St (Straight to Paddington Station).

Found their rates to be competative and they were charged on a room basis and not per person (at least they were for me)

http://www.superbreak.com

PriZm.

Old Sep 26th 2001, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by K
Thanks very much for the link tenderheart I shall be certain to try them

SharonR...yes please thank him for the reply. The Embassy date is 5th October (recieved the letter this morning) Dave is from Missouri...been there once nice place

Thanks for the good luck im gonna need every ounce i can get i am so worried...especially my sons medical as even though he doesnt have any communicable disease or anything like that he does have a handicapp which doesnt require any treatment also he leads a normal life of a 10 year old,able bodied etc, is a little bit behind on his work in school and i am terrified about this.

Good luck to you and Brian too
K,

Why don't you contact the Visa Branch directly and ask for advice?

The State Dept. web site says that: "Applicants who have a communicable disease, or have a dangerous physical or mental disorder ... must be refused a visa."

I know that many of us panic over small things in this kind of matter, but unless the embassy tell you otherwise (seriously, CALL THEM for advice), and from what you say, your son is not dangerous and so long as he will be able to support himself when he leaves school (i.e. not be a "public charge"), everything will be ok.

Hope this helps.

Brian.
Old Sep 26th 2001, 8:52 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Brian I might just do that
Old Sep 27th 2001, 4:09 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

Ok i called them and they said that it shouldnt be a reason to stop my son from coming with me.

Thanks for the advise
Old Sep 27th 2001, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

K - I'm so glad you called - maybe this will lessen your worries a tiny bit!!

Be sure to let me know how your interview goes!!

Sharon
Old Sep 27th 2001, 5:26 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

I will and yes it has lessened the worry a little. Im still terrified..lol.

I will be sure to let you know how it goes, just make sure you do me the same favor, even though i may not know about both of you until the early hours of Saturday morning UK Time

Very best of luck to both of you
Old Sep 27th 2001, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

K - be sure to just keep an eye on our website:

http://www.alogic.co.uk/visa/

Brian will be posting his "experience" there as soon as humanly possible on Thursday I'm sure!!!

Brian has been really great about keeping our website current - and the interview will be the BIGGEST event so far so I know he'll want everyone to know how it went.

Sharon (Texas)
Old Sep 27th 2001, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

>Ok i called them and they said that it
>shouldnt be a reason to stop my son
>from coming with me.
>
>Thanks for the advise

Cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.