Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Attention US expats

Attention US expats

Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:27 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention US expats

Originally Posted by britvic
You have to go and live there, like many of your countrymen they are happy to stay. If you ever find Bill Bryson's book on Notes From A Small Island...he is American, you might come to understand what we miss.
I think he was more laughing about the difference in time on a plane from the west coast than flying from the east coast not about Brits missing the UK ?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
I think he was more laughing about the difference in time on a plane from the west coast than flying from the east coast not about Brits missing the UK ?
I was reading it not right then sorry ABY cooking dinner here.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Well the weather is the same as the UK so I'm used to it (maybe it helps with the transition here )
I like it, weird I know!
No I thought the weather was great when I moved there straight from the UK, but since moving to California it would be hard to adjust to. Nice thing about here is you can plan to go somewhere in the summer and know the weather is going to be good, no rain between May and October. The only downside is the coastal fog is unpredictable, so a day at the beach is hit and miss.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

You got it baaad! What can the difference be? Arriving for dinner instead of lunch?
silly boy, flights another 5 hrs longer from the other side of the flipin usa...makes my little short hops across the pond that much longer
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:35 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
No I thought the weather was great when I moved there straight from the UK, but since moving to California it would be hard to adjust to. Nice thing about here is you can plan to go somewhere in the summer and know the weather is going to be good, no rain between May and October. The only downside is the coastal fog is unpredictable, so a day at the beach is hit and miss.
The fog is weird in San Fran! I can understand why people love the sun and love the beach (but I don't being fair skinned and never going brown just burnt!)

But I love seasons and Autumn and Winter (cosing up to each other with hot chocolate etc) so I'd miss it in San Fran (though I know you can get seasons if you go more inland to wine country, well I saw Autumn there )
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
silly boy, flights another 5 hrs longer from the other side of the flipin usa...makes my little short hops across the pond that much longer
I do miss those, as I used to live at Dulles airport (used to check in, then go home for 2 hours and then go back ).. day flights with BMI to Manchester, sigh lucky people!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:41 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

You have to go and live there, like many of your countrymen they are happy to stay. If you ever find Bill Bryson's book on Notes From A Small Island...he is American, you might come to understand what we miss.

Irn-Bru's got it!

I'm glad I read the new posts before I hit the "submit" button, I had a big 'ol soppy reply typed out for you Britvic!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Irn-Bru's got it!

I'm glad I read the new posts before I hit the "submit" button, I had a big 'ol soppy reply typed out for you Britvic!
Oh did ya now
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:43 pm

Irn-Bru's got it!

And I spoiled it for Britvic!!
She would have preferred a big soppy reply from you I'm sure
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And I spoiled it for Britvic!!
She would have preferred a big soppy reply from you I'm sure
Such a lovely Yank, that should of been his name
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

he's ok although a bit tight with his karma unless you're getting it all
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:46 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
5 hours? That's longer than I thought. I've only been on a plane for 3 hours at one stretch. That was a long time to look out the window and wonder if it was this instant or the next that the magic that keeps a metal tube aloft would wear off and we would all plunge out of the sky.
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm just reading this thread while enjoying a nice sauage roll that Elina bought me from the British bakery a few blocks away.
Washed down with some nice Earl Grey tea in the nice California sunshine, I might go out for a few Stellas later....
Attached Thumbnails Attention US expats-sausage-roll.jpg  

yes or another stud, another nice yank, or another lovin' one etc. So many other more fitting names for him as we all him
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

5 hours? That's longer than I thought. I've only been on a plane for 3 hours at one stretch. That was a long time to look out the window and wonder if it was this instant or the next that the magic that keeps a metal tube aloft would wear off and we would all plunge out of the sky.
bless and bet you never even left america

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.