Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Attention US expats

Attention US expats

Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention US expats

Originally Posted by Rushman
I have had 100's of Egg and Bacon sandwiches since arriving back in the UK. Gallons of lovely (strong) beer and will be enjoying a nice Chicken Vindaloo in about an hour.

Just to let you all know.........it still tastes as fantastic as you all remember them....if you still can remember them.
Are you getting your 5 portions of fruit + veg a day...

And what about the other stuff...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

As far as Curry or Indian food I can leave it or leave it. I must be the only British born person on the planet that doesn't care for "a curry".

Did you have chips with that curry.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
As far as Curry or Indian food I can leave it or leave it. I must be the only British born person on the planet that doesn't care for "a curry".

Very strange indeed
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Very strange indeed
Maybe it was having to live next door to the smell of it 365/7
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it was having to live next door to the smell of it 365/7
well it didn't affect me the same way.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Very strange indeed
Probably one of the reasons I have no interest in moving back to the UK is, there is very little about British food I miss, and if you know the pubs around Ealing/Southall there's not much to miss there.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

If I wanted Indian food I could find it here.

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/b...rs/indian_food
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Probably one of the reasons I have no interest in moving back to the UK is, there is very little about British food I miss, and if you know the pubs around Ealing/Southall there's not much to miss there.
Well it's not all about food is it, and I ain't moving back that way either Your happy where you are and I'm not, so we are never going to agree on this subject are we
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well it's not all about food is it, and I ain't moving back that way either Your happy where you are and I'm not, so we are never going to agree on this subject are we
I wouldn't expect you to agree, it's up to each of us to make our own choices, and if you don't like it here then you are doing the right thing moving back. So we are in complete agreement.

If someone doesn't like the US fine, it's not like anyone is being held prisoner,
unless you're in Gitmo that is.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:47 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

You're not the only one, my sister is the only one in my family that likes a curry. But a few of my British friends don't like them either so don't worry
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wouldn't expect you to agree, it's up to each of us to make our own choices, and if you don't like it here then you are doing the right thing moving back. So we are in complete agreement.

If someone doesn't like the US fine, it's not like anyone is being held prisoner,
Karma lovin me darlin
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

haha it's not about british food omg it's about living and life and where one feels at home
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

...If someone doesn't like the US fine, it's not like anyone is being held prisoner,
Oh FFS not that old chestnut again...

Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
You're not the only one, my sister is the only one in my family that likes a curry. But a few of my British friends don't like them either so don't worry
my dear old mum never like them and dad liked chips with his some of my friends don't like curries either, but now me...oh yes please
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
Oh FFS not that old chestnut again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.