British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Atlanta Airport hotels and car parking? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/atlanta-airport-hotels-car-parking-593786/)

The Horticulturalist Feb 24th 2009 8:37 pm

Atlanta Airport hotels and car parking?

We're flying home next week from Atlanta, the family we were going to be staying with (and leaving our car with) are not able to have us stay on the outbound leg, so we are now looking at car parking for 2 weeks, and maybe a hotel overnight.

I'm going to look on tripadvisor, but I just thought I'd throw it out here first. Does $110 for 2 weeks car parking sound ok? A lot cheaper than London airport car parks!

I wondered about getting a hotel with car parking thrown in free, but then saw that someone [on tripavisor]had their car nicked doing that, so maybe not.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Pharrya Feb 24th 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Atlanta Airport hotels and car parking?

Sounds reasonable. Most of the Long term airport car parks round here (IAD and BWI) cost $9 upwards per day (usually a long way out from the terminal - you get the bus)

The Horticulturalist Feb 24th 2009 11:15 pm

Ok, I now have a headache from spending hours on tripadvisor.com, but we bagged a bit of a bargain I think.

For a one night stay next month plus 2 weeks parking at the Drury Inn and Suites, it's costing the grand total of $120.99 including tax, it's got good reviews on tripadvisor so we're pleased :thumbsup:

Rete Feb 24th 2009 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pharrya (Post 7319358)
Sounds reasonable. Most of the Long term airport car parks round here (IAD and BWI) cost $9 upwards per day (usually a long way out from the terminal - you get the bus)

Up here $15 a day.

Redwing Feb 25th 2009 1:39 am

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist (Post 7319730)
Ok, I now have a headache from spending hours on tripadvisor.com, but we bagged a bit of a bargain I think.

For a one night stay next month plus 2 weeks parking at the Drury Inn and Suites, it's costing the grand total of $120.99 including tax, it's got good reviews on tripadvisor so we're pleased :thumbsup:

We fly out of ATL some, stay the night both going and coming, and park at a Holiday Inn that has a shuttle to Hartsfield. Have not had to pay for parking yet. Probably in the price of the room. I think you have a good deal.

Rete Feb 25th 2009 1:42 am

Thanks for tips about staying in a hotel and getting free parking. Think I am going to do that the next time I have an early morning flight to Mississippi. Sounds better that getting up at 2:30 am to make a 7:25 am flight.

The Horticulturalist Feb 25th 2009 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Redwing (Post 7320037)
We fly out of ATL some, stay the night both going and coming, and park at a Holiday Inn that has a shuttle to Hartsfield. Have not had to pay for parking yet. Probably in the price of the room. I think you have a good deal.

The Holiday Inn express had really great reviews on tripadvisor, and it had rooms from $88 with free parking but only up to a week, we needed 2 weeks.

Redwing Feb 25th 2009 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist (Post 7321813)
The Holiday Inn express had really great reviews on tripadvisor, and it had rooms from $88 with free parking but only up to a week, we needed 2 weeks.

Yes, I had forgotten about that. Ours have generally been for no more than a week.