Atlanta

Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

ScottD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Atlanta

Hi

Where are the best places to live in Atlanta and its suburbs ? I visited Atlanta before but this time I have a job transfer.I am looking for a safe place
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlanta

Renting or buying a home?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

I need to rent first till I know the city and after that I want to own a home
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottD
I need to rent first till I know the city and after that I want to own a home
i think it depends on where ur job is! I used to live in Sugar Hill, lovely area! But its not any good if ur working on the other side of Atlanta! Sugar hill was great to get to the Mall of Georgia... where i spent many days shopping.... lovely.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

I tried to figure out where is sugar hill on the map but I found 3 of them.Which county sugar hill belong to ?

I prefer to be close to the airport because I have a lot of travel
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:04 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold

I was down there last month visiting wifes auntie, who lives in Marietta, a lovely area but a bit pricey, the new builds we saw are starting in the mid 800's
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:17 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magilla442
I was down there last month visiting wifes auntie, who lives in Marietta, a lovely area but a bit pricey, the new builds we saw are starting in the mid 800's
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Scott, where will you be working in Atlanta? How much do you want to spend?
The price ranges are from upper 100's to 1m plus.
Traffic can get bad in the rush hours as there is almost no public transport.
I too travel for business quite a lot but prefer to live closer to the office than the airport. The airport is only 20-30 mins from my home at off peak hours and the office is only 5 mins drive every day.
All depends on your priorities I guess.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

the office in Fifth Street , as I know it is close to Georgia tech . lets talk about renting first . I can pay up to 1000/month to get a clean apartment in a safe area . I am not sure yet when I suppose to own

Last edited by ScottD; Jun 18th 2007 at 11:07 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:55 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magilla442
Atlanta is one of the cheaper cities in the US. 800K seems like a lot. But then again, I don't live there, so what do I know.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

guyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to all

My wife is from Atlanta and I love the place.

Buckhead is the tops in the ATL but there are other nice areas.

You lucky person!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:18 am
Banned

roadwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ScottD
Hi

Where are the best places to live in Atlanta and its suburbs ? I visited Atlanta before but this time I have a job transfer.I am looking for a safe place
if you can take up-tight conservative/corporate types and mainly family sports/restaraunts/bars then atl is for you. not much nightlife during the week. gets a bit more exciting on the weekend but there are so many cops prowling around that it tends to dampen down an evening. ie they see you drunk on the street walking/driving you will go to jail. this aint the UK my friend.

id suggest you rent in buckhead and use taxis/marta when you fancy a pint. do not drive. buckhead is close to 15th st, no need to drive to work. living in the suburbs will spell disaster socially and for convenience.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:20 am
Banned

roadwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Atlanta is one of the cheaper cities in the US. 800K seems like a lot. But then again, I don't live there, so what do I know.
not true. marietta is reasonable, you mustve driven past some gated community. average price in marietta is $250 000. you'd fork out 800k in miami for a small 2 bed condo.