Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ashtma Inhalers

Ashtma Inhalers

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:18 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ashtma Inhalers

Originally Posted by Bill_S
You will pay a $10 co-pay for generic meds, $25 for a preferred brand, $40 for a non-preferred brand, $50 for specialty drugs. Ventolin is a brand name, so your inhaler will cost you either $25 or $40 depending on whether your plan's formulary considers it preferred or non-preferred. A generic albuterol inhaler would be $10. I suggest calling the toll-free number for Express Scripts and find out whether Ventolin is preferred or non-preferred in the formulary. BTW, preferred or non-preferred don't mean that one brand is better than another, it's industry jargon that relates to the cost of the drug to the plan.
Which is pretty pathetic as you can order it from Canada for around $25.

http://www.jandrugs.com/momex/NavCod...Name/Proventil
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

That's ridiculous - ventolin is available over the counter (consult with pharmacist) for about 6 bucks in Australia. Maybe you need to visit: http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product....+Free+%28S3%29

Looks like they do ship internationally.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:03 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
That's ridiculous - ventolin is available over the counter (consult with pharmacist) for about 6 bucks in Australia. Maybe you need to visit: http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product....+Free+%28S3%29

Looks like they do ship internationally.
Interesting -- never thought to try Oz.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Very curious but it appears that the majority of Brits immigrating to any country seem to suffer from asthma. Is your air quality and/or lifestyle such that asthma and/or lung problems is commonplace?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Very curious but it appears that the majority of Brits immigrating to any country seem to suffer from asthma. Is your air quality and/or lifestyle such that asthma and/or lung problems is commonplace?
My father had asthma. I've had hay fever as long as I can remember...the doctor told me it can turn to asthma later in life. Maybe it's the damp British climate.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:26 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Rete
Here in Phoenix, everyone (except me!) seems to pop Benadryl like M&Ms.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:58 am
Just Joined

William Semmes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by patemaan
Hi

Guys moving to dallas in 2 weeks - I need inhalers as I slightly ashtmatic...

do I need a doctor to prescribe them (if so does this cost)

of can I get it over the counter?

thanks

PM
you can get Primatime Mist over the counter and it works but I don't care to use it. You do need a prescription from a Dr. and Proventil is excellent. You'll have to pay a Dr. to prescribe but if you have proof of your problem from your UK Dr. that should help.