Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ART VAN furniture Store and Customer Service!

ART VAN furniture Store and Customer Service!

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ART VAN furniture Store and Customer Service!

I need serious help as what to do.

About 15 months ago we purchased a couch, love seat and the tables from Art Van here in Michigan. So far so good. After about 6 months we noticed that the cushions were sagging and that the arm rests were severely worn. Granted we tend to always sit in the same place me on the love seat and hubby on the couch! I always swapped the cushions around to make sure they got equal wear and tear. I contacted art van who agreed (how gracious) to come and take the couch and love seat away and re upholster them, and put more padding in the arms.

A week of no couch they came back and looked as good as new, however, the same problem started happening and at the begining of December we contacted art van again and they sent a service tech out. He said that the problem was how we were sitting on the couch. 1. perching on the ends was not appropriate. And one should sit well back with feet on floor and hands on laps. 2. BS!! 3. said that there was nothing he could recomend. I contacted art van who sent out another rep who said same thing, the way we were sitting on the couch was not appropriate! i asked how the usage will look in another year!! Eventually after contacting the manufacturer, Broyhill, they agreed to take the 2 pieces and re-do them again! That was in December. In Jan i got a call saying they were waiting for the replacement pieces, End of Jan i got a letter saying contact them. I did, they are waiting for the replacement pieces. I asked them to just replace the whole thing, NO CHANCE! In Feb i got a call saying they were waiting for the replacement pieces. End of Feb i got a call saying the replacement pieces were coming 1 March! today 3rd March I go into Art Van because i am looking for dining room chairs, and ask the manager about the couch, and the progress. He goes into his computer, and I read where a "customer Service" rep has writen, nothing wrong with the couch she just doesnt want it! I WAS LIVID. Do they think paying 4000$ for a bloody couch is not enough to expect a little bit of bloody customer service standards! And still no word on when the repairs are going to be done.

What should i do?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ART VAN furniture Store and Customer Service!

My only suggestion is don't buy anything else from them! If you already paid $4000 for faulty merchandise I can't imagine what possesses you to go and buy dining chairs there.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe contact broyhill for their opinion......maybe they have a rep that can check out your furniture wherever it is now.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

sue 'em...
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

burn the store to the ground!

The person that wrote the comments, do they work in the store?

i woudl want to confront em
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

well the dining room chairs are needed to go with the table i got there a month ago. Glutton for punishment i must be. The person who wrote the comments works there. Stupid witch asked me if i was irish this morning, what the hell my nationality has to do with anything.

I would love to do a lot of things to them walking out was the best i could muster at the time. Came home and am so livid, i have eaten 2 cadburys flakes and a whole bloody box of cadburys fingers. This is what they are resorting me to do-----anger makes me eat chocolate