Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Arrived San Antonio - Hot!!!!!!!!

Arrived San Antonio - Hot!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:19 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arrived San Antonio - Hot!!!!!!!!

Hey,

Just wanted to let people know that there is yet another brit in the USA, San Antonio to be precise.

Had no problems with border control, in fact the guy didnt even look at me or even speak to me, just stamped my stuff and grunted! Have managed to find an apartment already with no real hassle, they just need a letter from my employer stating how much I make etc. I still need to open a bank account, was thinking BoA as around the corner and buy a shed load of furniture somewhere. I then need to sort out a car ASAP because it is clear to me already that SA is a driving city!

Cheers
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:19 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived San Antonio - Hot!!!!!!!!

.....oh yeh and the heat has gotten to me already and its not even summer yet :curse:
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:37 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dukeynorton View Post
.....oh yeh and the heat has gotten to me already and its not even summer yet :curse:

Welcome to Texas, enjoy the spring while it lasts
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:41 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Heat?!? LMFAO! It's spring here in Texas dear boy. It's mild and balmy right now.

Give it two weeks and we'll start getting into the 90s. A couple more, and we should see the start of a few months of 100deg sunshine.

Oh, and welcome to Texas, buddy. The state is swarming with us Limeys.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Texas from DFW!
The weather is just nice just now, it will be my second summer here and I'm not looking forward to it
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:16 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Welcome to the States.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:32 am
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Hey,

Just wanted to let people know that there is yet another brit in the USA, San Antonio to be precise.

Had no problems with border control, in fact the guy didnt even look at me or even speak to me, just stamped my stuff and grunted! Have managed to find an apartment already with no real hassle, they just need a letter from my employer stating how much I make etc. I still need to open a bank account, was thinking BoA as around the corner and buy a shed load of furniture somewhere. I then need to sort out a car ASAP because it is clear to me already that SA is a driving city!

Cheers
Welcome from Austin - I've been here for 3 months. The weather is nice right now but I too am feeling it a little. it's true that there's some proper hot weather around the corner... My wife is insisting we don't put the A/C on till it's 90 degrees... !

I figure it's pay back for when she wanted the heating on in London.

make sure you get a car that has decent A/C !

Rich./
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the US and the site!

My husband is also a scientific researcher
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:40 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the States and BE
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:04 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see you were in the sciences Dukey. What field?

I'm a semiconductor Engineer here in Dallas (for my sins).

EDIT: Found your first post, so now I know that you're a Diabetes researcher, so you're a biologist of some sort.

...and I thought you said you were a scientist!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:27 am
Religious experience

Je Crois is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL. I got a good laugh out of that. You're in for a real scorcher.

Last year it was 108 for weeks on end, with no rain.

We had a drought here in Dallas. We could only water our lawns certain days of the week. Trees were dying, it was pitiful.

Like someone on here said, get a car with a good air conditioner. Then, just RUN from the car to your office. At the end of the day, just RUN from your car to your house. That is how you survive..

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:37 am
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Je Crois View Post
LOL. I got a good laugh out of that. You're in for a real scorcher.

Last year it was 108 for weeks on end, with no rain.

We had a drought here in Dallas. We could only water our lawns certain days of the week. Trees were dying, it was pitiful.

Like someone on here said, get a car with a good air conditioner. Then, just RUN from the car to your office. At the end of the day, just RUN from your car to your house. That is how you survive..

So I'm the only one really looking forward to the blazing heat? To not having to wear more than a pair of shorts for months on end? To jumping in the pool with my work clothes on at the end of the day?

I love the summer here. Yes, our lawn died. Yes, our foundation cracked 'cos we didn't use the soaker hose enough... but I'll take 110deg heat over winter any day, thanks.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:38 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

Cheers
Ahh, this kid is full of the joys of 'getting in' ha ha. Give it six months and he will be spending more time on BE than he does at work. Welcome to BE mate. You are gonna love it
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the states, I guess

hot, not even yet, but your welcome to it...sod the heat, it's evil, but worse is humidity...hmmm....
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:36 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000 View Post
So I'm the only one really looking forward to the blazing heat? To not having to wear more than a pair of shorts for months on end? To jumping in the pool with my work clothes on at the end of the day?

I love the summer here. Yes, our lawn died. Yes, our foundation cracked 'cos we didn't use the soaker hose enough... but I'll take 110deg heat over winter any day, thanks.
I'm with you, bring the heat on. I've got 30 years of grey European weather to get over. I didn't know 'til I moved here but it turns out I'm actually a lizard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.