Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Arrived In Florida And Loving It

Arrived In Florida And Loving It

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 2:59 pm
Floribean in wait

oshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Arrived In Florida And Loving It

Congrats! I hope you have a great time. Can you tell me how you are planning to live a laid back life as we are looking to retire - if this is what you mean.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 3:14 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oshel
Congrats! I hope you have a great time. Can you tell me how you are planning to live a laid back life as we are looking to retire - if this is what you mean.
The OP will be there by H-1B work visa.
You cannot retire there, you can do 6 months per year with a B-2 visa
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:36 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just up the road in Cape Coral, lovely place, shame about the city government

I understand that Publix supermarkets are carrying a lot of "British" goods - Branston, HP Sauce that sort of thing. There's also a place up here called Camerons British Foods (Link) that does a lot of stuff. If you're after anything in particular - chances are they'll have it or can get it.

Enjoy the weather, Charley went right through us, and I have to say, alcohol was my friend that day
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:31 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Titchski
I'm just up the road in Cape Coral, lovely place, shame about the city government

I understand that Publix supermarkets are carrying a lot of "British" goods - Branston, HP Sauce that sort of thing. There's also a place up here called Camerons British Foods (Link) that does a lot of stuff. If you're after anything in particular - chances are they'll have it or can get it.

Enjoy the weather, Charley went right through us, and I have to say, alcohol was my friend that day
Publix are fantastic about trying out a product. Go in and ask the manager if he will stock it. They usually do, and only discontinue after a while if it doesn't sell well.

I led the 'Milo' brigade at my local Publix, and now see that most of them carry it in Tampa.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Arrived In Florida And Loving It

Florida's EXCRUCIATING "sticky hot" weather ensures there's no way in hell i could live there during the summer. Oven Heat i can take..sticky heat..hell no.

-= nav =-