Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

arrival of packet 3 from london

arrival of packet 3 from london

Old Apr 21st 2001, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

for those of you keeping note (jennie and penny especially ), i received my packet 3 in the mail this morning <happy skippy dance>

timeline so far as follows:

30th jan 1st noa from nebraska
26th mar 2nd noa from nebraska
9th apr mailed provisional packet three & copy of 2nd noa to london embassy
10th apr signed for
18th apr packet three & confirmation of processing my case sent from london embassy
21st apr packet three arrives with me

now to call on monday and say they already have all my packet 3 forms in a provisional file...

kate
Old Apr 21st 2001, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate
Good going on the packet 3 arriving!
Hopefully, on Monday, you and I will both have provisional files open in London!
We're still waiting for approval from CSC. Another poster with 1st NOA of one day before ours, was approved last week. We are past the 30 day mark with CSC so I'm getting anxious...Well, at least the recorded message doesn't say "RFE" !
We're crossing our fingers that we get approved next week.
All the best!
Old Apr 21st 2001, 5:17 pm
MDUdall

>

You really can't go by the 30 days listed on the receipt notice as the CSC instead
uses the CSC JIT Report so petitioners can determine if their case is overdue. So why
do they still put 20 to 30 days on the notices? They have no choice in the matter...
INS headquarters tells them they must list those numbers, even if that does not
happen to match what is actually going on at this particular time at the CSC. So use
the JIT Report to determine if your case is overdue. And don't get stressed about
someone else getting approved first. That could be for a variety of reasons, and
every case is different.

You can find my page where I list the JIT Report information at
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/cscjit.htm

Good luck with your case.

Best Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Copyright 2001 Matthew Udall

Old Apr 21st 2001, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for your input, Matt, regarding CSC. I know there are a variety of reasons someone may be approved before us, but I thought it was basically like this:
They look at the petition, make sure the requirements are met, and then give an approval?
I thought it was cut and dried, so to speak. Regardless I'll just try to be patient. Thanks again!