Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Arlington/Norfolk File transfer query

Arlington/Norfolk File transfer query

Old Apr 10th 2002, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arlington/Norfolk File transfer query

We submitted our AOS (ex: k-1) paperwork at the Norfolk office last year. Even though our address was within Fredrick county, VA, my wife was instructed to use Norfolk by the INS officer at the airport.

Folks at the Norfolk office readily accepted our application, processed it and gave her a 6 month AP and the standard 1 year EAD.

Two months later, i submitted a Change of Address letter to Arlington, Norfolk and Vermont with the new Alexandria address.

While VSC sent me the updated NOA and Arlington promptly acknowledged the mail receipt, nothing was heard from Norfolk.

Yesterday, Norfolk sent a AOS interview letter to the old address with instructions to get the fingerprinting done in Alexandria three months from now and therafter to Arlington for the interview a month later.

My question is, between Arlington and Norfolk, who has updated our mailing address. Can or Will Arlington refuse to interview us on the appointed date? Would they have my files?

ralph
Old Apr 10th 2002, 10:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arlington/Norfolk File transfer query

Why would Arlington refuse to interview you. You said the interview appointment was scheduled for Arlington. It appears that Arlington and Norfolk are working together to get you adjusted. Be happy that it is working out for you.
Old Apr 11th 2002, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arlington/Norfolk File transfer query

Thanks,

i was confused for a moment. It seemed evident that Norfolk and Arlington did not update my mailing address, and i didnt want Arlington to give us the runaround.

thanks again,
ralph

Originally posted by Rete
Why would Arlington refuse to interview you. You said the interview appointment was scheduled for Arlington. It appears that Arlington and Norfolk are working together to get you adjusted. Be happy that it is working out for you.