British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Arguments again gun control (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/arguments-again-gun-control-520153/)

Brav Mar 9th 2008 12:00 am

Arguments again gun control

(sigh)...Against*

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/ra...4d76c5603a410d
Found it interesting

Very, very long I must add

elfman Mar 9th 2008 12:32 am

Re: Arguments again gun control

Originally Posted by Brav (Post 6036366)
(sigh)...Against*

Found it interesting

I see the author also has a nice sideline in chain mail bras

:eek:

paul1968mcr Mar 9th 2008 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Brav (Post 6036366)
(sigh)...Against*

Found it interesting

Bugger - Work content advisor won't let me view it as it's a weapons subject - ah ha - gun control at work.

BritGuyTN Mar 9th 2008 5:15 am

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr (Post 6036911)
Bugger - Work content advisor won't let me view it as it's a weapons subject - ah ha - gun control at work.

that sounds unconstitutional if you ask me

Brav Mar 9th 2008 9:04 am

What really peeves me are certain firearm restrictions. I would like to carry my pistol under my coat into my classroom at my college (legally) of course. However, I cannot seeing as it is a 'gun free zone'. Problem is, do you really think somebody who is intent on taking a gun onto school campus for the purpose of murder is going to actually care it's a gun free zone? What's a minor firearms violation compared to x counts of murder with a deadly weapon? I am not paranoid by any means nor do I believe somebody would come and shoot my school up. But yea, it could happen. And if it happened while I was there, with my gun, there's a good chance I'd put a bullet into his head. I'd much rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Emma M Mar 9th 2008 9:07 am

I hate guns. There is no need for guns to be carried around by anyone.

Brav Mar 9th 2008 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Emma M (Post 6037341)
I hate guns. There is no need for guns to be carried around by anyone.

If I could melt every gun in the world I would. However, it is fact there are hundreds of millions of legally obtained and illegally obtained firearms floating around this country alone. Shootings happen on a regular basis. If somebody went into a restaurant with a gun and decided to shoot everyone, it would happen. If one of the diners happened to have a firearm on their person, maybe they could neutralise the threat by killing the individual intent on doing harm to everybody. Possibly saving dozens of lives. It's a lot quicker than trying to find a cell phone, dial 911, then wait 5 minutes for the police to show up. By then everybody is already dead.

Emma M Mar 9th 2008 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Brav (Post 6037354)
If I could melt every gun in the world I would. However, it is fact there are hundreds of millions of legally obtained and illegally obtained firearms floating around this country alone. Shootings happen on a regular basis. If somebody went into a restaurant with a gun and decided to shoot everyone, it would happen. If one of the diners happened to have a firearm on their person, maybe they could neutralise the threat by killing the individual intent on doing harm to everybody. Possibly saving dozens of lives. It's a lot quicker than trying to find a cell phone, dial 911, then wait 5 minutes for the police to show up. By then everybody is already dead.

It is sad that people often overlook understanding and compromise in favour of violence and seperation. What little value life has to those who think it is easier to take someone out than it is to make amends with someone who has wronged them. It is a destructive way to live, no good can ever come of it.

lapin_windstar Mar 9th 2008 10:24 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 6036951)
that sounds unconstitutional if you ask me

Are you joking or serious? Employers can say that you're only allowed to read websites on spoonbending on their computers if they feel like it.

Xebedee Mar 9th 2008 10:42 am

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar (Post 6037516)
Are you joking or serious? Employers can say that you're only allowed to read websites on spoonbending on their computers if they feel like it.

Uri can't be serious.

Ray Mar 9th 2008 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Brav (Post 6037354)
If. Shootings happen on a regular basis. If somebody went into a restaurant with a gun and decided to shoot everyone, it would happen. If one of the diners happened to have a firearm on their person, maybe they could neutralise the threat by killing the individual intent on doing harm to everybody. .

That has happened in Florida ...

Guy wandered into a resturant waving a shot gun at
early bird special time..demanding everybody wallet

two 80 + yo stood up ..pulled out their concealed weapons
and shot him...then sat back down and continued their meal

Moral of the story ...never interfere with OAPs eating their dinner

lapin_windstar Mar 9th 2008 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 6038087)
Guy wandered into a resturant waving a shot gun at
early bird special time..demanding everybody wallet

Tsk - that's a schoolboy error. Why would you rob a place knowing it's the time of day when it's going to be filled exclusively with skinflints? For the coupons?

Ray Mar 9th 2008 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar (Post 6038133)
Tsk - that's a schoolboy error. Why would you rob a place knowing it's the time of day when it's going to be filled exclusively with skinflints? For the coupons?

Umm ..thats when I go ....

Ray Mar 9th 2008 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Emma M (Post 6037366)
It is sad that people often overlook understanding and compromise in favour of violence and seperation. What little value life has to those who think it is easier to take someone out than it is to make amends with someone who has wronged them. It is a destructive way to live, no good can ever come of it.

Ah!! What sweet innocence ...stay that way Emm....

Emma M Mar 9th 2008 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 6038414)
Ah!! What sweet innocence ...stay that way Emm....

I plan to :)