British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Ar-11 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ar-11-a-348137/)

TonyLong32 Jan 13th 2006 3:17 pm

Ar-11

Hi All

I am a bit confused about when the AR-11 form needs filling in. I had my visa approved in November and was over here for a month staying in a hotel before going home for Christmas. I am now back in the US and on entry gave my new address as my new apartment. Is this enough or do I still need to fill in the AR-11?

Thanks

anotherlimey Jan 13th 2006 3:22 pm

Re: Ar-11

Originally Posted by TonyLong32
Hi All

I am a bit confused about when the AR-11 form needs filling in. I had my visa approved in November and was over here for a month staying in a hotel before going home for Christmas. I am now back in the US and on entry gave my new address as my new apartment. Is this enough or do I still need to fill in the AR-11?

Thanks

I wouldn't think it hurts to send in an AR-11 just in case.

Celsius Jan 13th 2006 3:28 pm

Hi All

Thanks

Welcome! You're a newbie to BE. There's forums for questions relating to immigration elsewhere on BE.

TonyLong32 Jan 13th 2006 3:33 pm

OK, I didn't think it was about immigration as such so wasn't sure. Now I know, thanks.

fatbrit Jan 13th 2006 3:36 pm

Always file it every time within 10 days of moving, always do the proof of posting thingy, always keep a copy of the form and proof of posting thingy in your files.

BTW, it does nothing to change your address with them (they are actually pretty incapable of processing a change of address!), but it is an obligation that can bite you later down the road were you to ignore it.

Rete Jan 13th 2006 3:42 pm

Hi All

Thanks

You need to file an AR-11 within 10 days of moving. This requirement is for your entire lifetime as a PR. What address did you use as your US address for the interview and/or at the time of entry to have your green card sent to. If it differs from your current address, send in the AR-11.