Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

APPVD K3-HOW LONG EMBASSY LONDON INTVW?

APPVD K3-HOW LONG EMBASSY LONDON INTVW?

Old Nov 14th 2001, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

SusanC is an unknown quantity at this point

Our k3 was approved last week. We are married already and applied for the K3 fiance visa to speed things up. Does anyone know how long it takes for my husband to get an interview at the Embassy in London now? Thanks!
Susan C
[email protected]
Old Nov 14th 2001, 11:39 pm
John O'Donnell

Our k3 was approved two weeks ago and is going to london this week via email we
called london embassy as were told that we may get the k3 this side of xmas but cant
guarantee it.

they said oh we are going slow with k3's because they are new...

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 15th 2001, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think there's anyone here who has seen the K3 at London through to completion, so the answer is that no one knows how long it will take.

But if you look at experience with both IR1 and K1 visas (and I don't see why K3 would be any different), it seems that it takes 3-4 weeks from when the consulate has both the petition approval from the INS and your document checklist - 1-2 weeks for them to do the scheduling, giving you 2 weeks notice of the interview. This assumes that you have already submitted the OF-230 part 1 and document checklist to the consulate.

It can also depend on your proposed travel date - if it is more than a couple of months away, they won't rush to schedule your interview. They may do this to give you 1-2 weeks to settle your affairs.