Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Approved I-130 cancels K-3

Approved I-130 cancels K-3

Old Oct 21st 2002, 3:46 am
loving every minute of it

MeliTa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Approved I-130 cancels K-3

I have read that if your I-130 is approved before your K-3, your K-3 is canceled. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is true, will the Missouri Service Center be notified so they may stop working on the case or do those cases continue to add to the backlog they seem to have?

Just very curious and anxious like everyone else is I am sure.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Approved I-130 cancels K-3

I dont quite know if MSC finds out, but my I-130 was approved in Aug and right at this moment my I-129f petition is sitting in limbo (security checks) at MSC, and when my USC called the NVC and the national visa number, they both told him that we would not be allowed to use the K-3 as the I-130 had already been approved, as we are now 72days in with the NVC for our 130 it seemed pointless to even try with the K-3, My USC believes we wasted our money with the K-3, but i told him, whatever got me home quicker,
We were told it did cancel it out, but as you know with the INS it depends on who you speak to as for the information you receive.... Good Luck
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 6:22 am
Wolf2743mi

Default Re: Approved I-130 cancels K-3

It is very clearly stated on the State Department website. The K-3 is only for
those who do not already have an approved i-130.

MIke