Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

approval notice

approval notice

Old Oct 19th 2002, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default approval notice

is it possible to get another approval notice, my mother in law has sent me my I-797 and its been 8days and it still hasnt arrived, just in case it has gotten lost, is it possible to get another and who do i get it from
Old Oct 19th 2002, 7:06 pm
Denis

Default Re: approval notice

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:17:57 +0000, mrsstrickland
wrote:

>is it possible to get another approval notice, my mother in law has
    >sent me my I-797 and its been 8days and it still hasnt arrived, just
    >in case it has gotten lost, is it possible to get another and who do i
    >get it from

Apparenttly you can get one by submitting form I-824, see the
following :-
http://www.ins.usd-
oj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-824.htm

Unfortunately it will cost you 140 bucks! :-(

Denis

Old Oct 19th 2002, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

thankyou for your reply, i hope i dont need to pay that, i hope it is just USPS running at its slowest, plus it was insured so if i do need it, i'll just claim the money back off USPS, but thanks again for your reply

dee
Old Oct 19th 2002, 11:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
thankyou for your reply, i hope i dont need to pay that, i hope it is just USPS running at its slowest, plus it was insured so if i do need it, i'll just claim the money back off USPS, but thanks again for your reply

dee
Mrs. S

You're going the I-130 route now aren't you? Did you want the original NOA because you wanted to open a provisional file? Are you in the US? I thought you were in England?

Rete
Old Oct 19th 2002, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

i am in england, when i contacted london they said because i already have a number with the NVC if i got my husband to send me the original and i sent it to them with the packet 3 documents they would open the file etc.... i dunno if its gonna do any good or be any quicker but im gonna try
Old Oct 19th 2002, 11:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
i am in england, when i contacted london they said because i already have a number with the NVC if i got my husband to send me the original and i sent it to them with the packet 3 documents they would open the file etc.... i dunno if its gonna do any good or be any quicker but im gonna try
Okay that's what I thought on all counts. You're talking overseas mail. You will probably receive in on Tuesday. ;-)

Rete