British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   The Apprentice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/apprentice-357957/)

BigDavyG Feb 27th 2006 6:50 pm

The Apprentice

New series starts tonight though it clashes with 24 which is a bit of a pain in the arse.
There's a brit on this one. I shall spare you all my own opinion of his profile and let you all judge for yourselves...
http://www.nbc.com/The_Apprentice_5/...bio_sean.shtml
Apparently he came to the US on an EB1 visa for "persons of extraordinary ability" - is this description of the visa correct and how does one get one - are they hard to obtain ???

Big D Feb 27th 2006 6:53 pm

Re: The Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
New series starts tonight though it clashes with 24 which is a bit of a pain in the arse.
There's a brit on this one. I shall spare you all my own opinion of his profile and let you all judge for yourselves...
Apparently he came to the US on an EB1 visa for "persons of extraordinary ability" - is this description of the visa correct and how does one get one - are they hard to obtain ???

what a wanker - have you seen the adverts, playing the bond theme and all union flags everywhere - going to give us all a bad name!!

BigDavyG Feb 27th 2006 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Big D
what a wanker - have you seen the adverts, playing the bond theme and all union flags everywhere - going to give us all a bad name!!

:)
I'm glad someone said that before me.
So what's the crack with that visa then - not wanting to sound like a snob here but I shouldn't imagine that Southampton Solent Uni attracts too many people of "extraordinary ability".

Also the show this series is full of lawyers, realators and recruitment consultants - the dregs of humanity if ever i saw it.

tony126 Feb 27th 2006 7:14 pm

If he is that good at what he does what in the hell is on this programme for?

Thackattack Feb 27th 2006 7:14 pm

Thanks for posting this, i wont bother watching it now! Bloke looks a bit of a tit. I will say i would love to find out the requirements for obtaining that visa though. One man band? tapdancing-juggling act? Does that get you through?

britvic Feb 27th 2006 7:56 pm

And you slaged me off for watching Footballers Wives ;)

BigDavyG Feb 27th 2006 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
And you slaged me off for watching Footballers Wives ;)

As far as I'm aware no-one has been battered to death with a dildo in the apprentice yet, though to be fair quite a few of them deserve it

britvic Feb 27th 2006 8:01 pm

As far as I'm aware no-one has been battered to death with a dildo in the apprentice yet, though to be fair quite a few of them deserve it

LOL :D Shame, just as well I dont watch it then sounds a bit :zzz:

Thackattack Feb 27th 2006 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
LOL :D Shame, just as well I dont watch it then sounds a bit :zzz:

its not even funny how much that bloke needs a haircut.

Kate2112 Feb 27th 2006 8:18 pm

The way "the Donald's" pic is airbrushed on NBC's site suggests he has found a time machine

BigDavyG Feb 27th 2006 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kate2112
The way "the Donald's" pic is airbrushed on NBC's site suggests he has found a time machine

He has - its a 28 year old girlfriend :cool:

CarlM Feb 27th 2006 8:37 pm

Week 3 is the Dildo Gladiator event.. should be a good one

mandeeuk Feb 27th 2006 8:48 pm

Also the show this series is full of lawyers....the dregs of humanity if ever i saw it.

a bit cliche, don't you think? we're not all bad.

CarlM Feb 27th 2006 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by mandeeuk

Yeah you are.

BigDavyG Feb 27th 2006 9:03 pm

For your own personal protection i suggest that you delete that post asap ;)

All I can say about you is that you must be a bad lawyer, as you seem like a nice person :)

mandeeuk Feb 27th 2006 9:14 pm

All I can say about you is that you must be a bad lawyer, as you seem like a nice person :)

the two are not mutually exclusive!

Big D Feb 27th 2006 9:15 pm

I put it to you that they are....... :p

Bob Feb 27th 2006 9:33 pm

That numpty ain't half scary looking, looks like he should have a trench coat and scare little kids :D

And he lives in miami...how the fook hasn't he not have had a nose job by now?

BigDavyG Feb 27th 2006 10:49 pm

:confused:

sunnysideup Feb 27th 2006 11:00 pm

Also the show this series is full of lawyers, realators and recruitment consultants - the dregs of humanity if ever i saw it.

You forgot pharmaceutical company drug pushers - I mean salespeople.

elfman Feb 27th 2006 11:19 pm

New series starts tonight .....

Oh joy.

I can't stand Donald Trump - the rampant egotism, the ridiculous hair, the pouty facial expression he puts on in that dimly lit boardroom, and (at least this is how he sounds to me) the way that he speaks all his lines as if he thinks the microphone is 20 feet away.

Generally most of the contestants are only fractionally less irritating.

CarlM Feb 28th 2006 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Big D
I put it to you that they are....... :p

Did you see his into on the show last night? The blokes a complete hand-job.

BigDavyG Feb 28th 2006 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by CarlM
Did you see his into on the show last night? The blokes a complete hand-job.

Yes, though due to 24 I didn't see much else of the apprentice.
The word spiv comes to mind, but fair play to the bloke - he seems to have done well for himself.

ladyofthelake May 30th 2006 4:33 pm

Is anyone else still watching the show??

Shane the Brit has made it to the final 2, though he's still a wanker. He's more interested in making a move on one of the girls than getting the job done on the final task. :rolleyes: The live finale is next Monday. Don't know why I've stuck it out for so long, but it's been fun hearing him call the others wankers without it being censored. :D

Jerseygirl May 30th 2006 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake

Shane the Brit has made it to the final 2, though he's still a wanker. He's more interested in making a move on one of the girls than getting the job done on the final task. :rolleyes: The live finale is next Monday. Don't know why I've stuck it out for so long, but it's been fun hearing him call the others wankers without it being censored. :D

I sometimes watch it. I did last week. Probably record it tonight 'cos I'm watching the 2nd part of a 2 part thriller/mystery on BBC America. I think that most of the 'reality' shows are well past their sell by date now, can't even be bothered to remember the names of the contestants.

robskatie May 30th 2006 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake

I was actually cringing for him last night, leave the girl alone :eek: