Apprentice

Old Dec 16th 2005, 9:18 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I could not do what she did on crutches and nor would I have Randall's courage to stand up to Trump. Hence why I'm not on the Apprentice.
I'm a complete wanker, thats why I'm not the Apprentice!
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:51 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Rebecca gets another Job offer
Old Dec 17th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see anything wrong with what he did. Giving the grand prize to two people kinda dilutes the shows finale imo.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 3:30 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I didn't see anything wrong with what he did. Giving the grand prize to two people kinda dilutes the shows finale imo.
I'm with you on that one, I heard on the tv yesterday that after the show the Donald was talking to Miss World and she agreed with Randall, pointing out that as she was crowned Miss World she would not then expect to share the title with someone else, makes sense
Old Dec 17th 2005, 3:35 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
Am I the only one that thinks Randall deserved to win and did the right thing saying Rebecaa shouldn't be hired?

Randall was not a token black at all. He was simply the best candidate.
I concur and in business I would NOT have hired Rebecca. Randal carried her in many challanges and she was not IMHO the 2nd best person. Her friggin broken leg - Randall was a genuine gentlemen throughout (doors, bags etc.,).

To be honest I also didn't think Randall was the better one in the last challange BUT he actually just looked the more tired.

My MAIN point though is this - Randall was HONEST - he told it as he saw it. He was NOT being malicious. If he HAD gone against his OWN instincts and lied, Trump could have seen through that easily. Randall was put right on the spot and answered straight from the hip. Good luck to Rebecca and yahoo... (I wouldn't take the job) - Not the best company in the world to work for anymore..
Old Dec 17th 2005, 4:05 pm
Pagan Sex God

Either I have over simplified this or you have over complicated it. Randall was the Apprentice, the question was not do we have 2 apprentices (not ****** apprenti) "but do you think I should hire her" to which he said no. If (and he is very intelligent apparently so he shouldnt) have not understood the question he should have been diplomatic and said yes, but not today, this is my moment

His behaviour has pissed a lot of people off, it has made him look like a dick and made Rebecca look like a star. Go to the Apprentice website, they have a poll - on Thursday it was "who would you hire" and Randall had 60% today its "did Donald hire the right person" and Rebecca has well over 60%. I'm guessing its the same people voting.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

The Apprentice is a game show - there is only supposed to be ONE winner, so I can completely understand why Randall didn't want Rebecca to win again. Rebeccca was good, but Randall was fair superior to her and the other contestants.

I don't think he won because he's black, he won because he's Randall and very talented. Why do some peope on this forum feel the need to comment on race all the time?
Old Dec 17th 2005, 11:38 pm
Pagan Sex God

1. There was only one winner, Randall was asked if the Trump organisation should hire Rebecca, not be joint winner.

2. It took to page 4 before someone played the race card

3. Who made the rule about one winner on the apprentice, most people thought only one person got fired a week, he has fired multiple people in multiple shows

The truth, unfortunatly, whether you like it or not, is Randall did a dumb thing. He has turned a lot of people against him. Zach Banf commented on it on Jay Leno, the soup really laid into him. I think he will go down in TV history not for winning the apprentice but for what he did afte he won.

Originally Posted by Interested
The Apprentice is a game show - there is only supposed to be ONE winner, so I can completely understand why Randall didn't want Rebecca to win again. Rebeccca was good, but Randall was fair superior to her and the other contestants.

I don't think he won because he's black, he won because he's Randall and very talented. Why do some peope on this forum feel the need to comment on race all the time?
Old Dec 18th 2005, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Like he gives a crap. He's got a $250,000 contract with Trump and a job, thats right, a job. He's not going to be on TV now, unless they wheel him out for the next series. So what does he care what Joe Blow on the street thinks about him?

Really Patrick, when did you start to fight the pointless fight.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 1:09 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
The truth, unfortunatly, whether you like it or not, is Randall did a dumb thing. He has turned a lot of people against him.
You haven't lived in the USA long enough

1. Americans love contraversy - it gets 10 x more air time
2. Rebecca will actually do better out of it - because of 1.

Half the country hate trump too remember - isn't it time he got married again ?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 4:25 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
the soup really laid into him.
Oh purlease, is that what you call 'laid into him'? I'd rather be him than Kevin Federline when they are writing the script!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 4:25 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Wow, I'm shocked that I'm in the minority here. I absolutely think Randall's response was the right one.

It might not have been the popular one, but that's what good leaders do: Make the tough decisions. If Trump had really wanted to hire Rebecca, he would have hired her -- either offered the job only to her or jointly offer it to her as well as Randall. But Trump didn't do that; he picked Randall. And even if you've only watched a couple of episodes of "The Apprentice" you know that that speaks volumes.

I honestly believe the main reason Trump presented that question to Randall was to cultivate as much buzz about the show as he could. (Which obviously worked.) That, plus he knew that both candidates were equally popular, but by asking Randall to tell him (and everyone else) if he had made the right decision, Trump doesn't look like the bad guy for only picking one person -- Randall does. I think, given the circumstances, Randall handled the situation very well.

And for those of you who have called Randall selfish, greedy and egotistical, here are some of Donald Trump's thoughts on that sort of thing:

"Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser."

"The point is that you can't be too greedy."

"What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate."

Contrary to what some of you have said, I think after hearing Randall's answer, Donald Trump was quietly saying to himself, "Thank god I picked this guy; he's perfect!"

~ Jenney

ps. I thought Trump demonstrated extreme tactlessness by asking Randall if Rebecca should also be hired AFTER awarding him the job. If Trump had presented the question to each of them BEFORE announcing the winner, that would be one thing. But to award the job to one of them and then immediately turn around and pull the rug out from under him... tacky.
Excellent post!