British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Apprentice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/apprentice-343094/)

Patrick Dec 16th 2005 1:06 pm

Apprentice

How ungracious was Randall, what a wanker. He had the chance to get Rebeca a job with Donald Trump too and told him no! Jumped up little shit

BigDavyG Dec 16th 2005 1:09 pm

Re: Apprentice

Originally Posted by Patrick
How ungracious was Randall, what a wanker. He had the chance to get Rebeca a job with Donald Trump too and told him no! Jumped up little shit

Yep, let himself down big style there.
I suppose he was thinking that he wanted all the press attention of being THE apprentice but here's the thing - first, if he really thinks he's good why would he care about press attention - its not necessary to be successful in business, and second why will he need it cos if he's any good he'll have a job with trump for life.
That said rebecca disturbed me somewhat - she may not have been human imo, and at 23 there's no way she would have the necessary experience.

jamjar Dec 16th 2005 1:12 pm

OH gosh yeah. I really liked him up until that moment. But that was total Prima Donna behaviour. If he had the company's best interests in mind then he would have brought Rebecca along with him.
Off to look in my dictionary and see if apprenti is a real word. :)

CarlM Dec 16th 2005 1:13 pm

I was just going to write the same thread!! Would make no difference to him, so why did he have to kick her in the nuts? (or equivalent female delicate bits!)

BigDavyG Dec 16th 2005 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by jamjar
OH gosh yeah. I really liked him up until that moment. But that was total Prima Donna behaviour. If he had the company's best interests in mind then he would have brought Rebecca along with him.

Ha, ha.
Leading up to the end when it looked like he might hire them both I thought it would be daft as the show is called the aprentice, not the apprenti - then i realised that i was being a twat as apprenti is not a real word - pity randall never picked that up in mit or oxford.

BigDavyG Dec 16th 2005 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by CarlM
I was just going to write the same thread!! Would make no difference to him, so why did he have to kick her in the nuts? (or equivalent female delicate bitss!)

Maybe he was tired of hearing how she battled through the "adversity" of a broken ankle :zzz:

mandpete Dec 16th 2005 1:15 pm

Randall and Trump were on TV earlier this morning and what an arse Randall is, he went on about not wanting to share the gold medal with the silver medallist.

Rebecca has just been on and has been offered a job with Yahoo. She was still very complimentary about Randall and said if she had won she would have definitely given him the chance to work for Trump.

I hope Randall falls flat on his face with the Atlantic City project.

Patrick Dec 16th 2005 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Maybe he was tired of hearing how she battled through the "adversity" of a broken ankle :zzz:

I was actually surprised he didnt dig up his dead Grandma

Manc Dec 16th 2005 1:24 pm

Within 5 minutes of hiring Randall, Trump realised he made the wrong decision.

CarlM Dec 16th 2005 1:26 pm

I was actually surprised he didnt dig up his dead Grandma

I think she was cremated..

BigDavyG Dec 16th 2005 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
Within 5 minutes of hiring Randall, Trump realised he made the wrong decision.

I'm just confused as to why he'd want to work for trump - i'd say that the donald will have to keep a close eye on him - randall is obviously only interested in making contacts for his own business and not in doing trump's bidding.

jamjar Dec 16th 2005 1:30 pm

Definitely not in the English language. So much for his 5 degrees. :eek:

BigDavyG Dec 16th 2005 1:39 pm

Definitely not in the English language. So much for his 5 degrees. :eek:

That's another thing - 5 degrees ???
Presumably these are mickey mouse american ones - I mean who needs 5 degrees, let alone actually does them ??? :confused:

ladyofthelake Dec 16th 2005 1:41 pm

"Rarely have I seen a leader as good as you, and you lead through niceness."
..Donald Trump

Two minutes later that's completely blown out of the water and Randell shows himself to be a completely selfish prick.

jamjar Dec 16th 2005 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
That's another thing - 5 degrees ???
Presumably these are mickey mouse american ones - I mean who needs 5 degrees, let alone actually does them ??? :confused:

From his Bio on NBC's website;
" he holds five academic degrees in engineering, business and technology including a B.S. from Rutgers University, an M.S. from the University of Oxford in England as a Rhodes Scholar, and an M.S., M.B.A. and Ph.D. from MIT."
Don't think any of them can be called Mickey Mouse degrees. But obviously he needs to work on his English grammar. :D